“What a fun night”

$57.69*
and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed during our tournament spectacular. From ringside seats, discover a feast for the eyes and appetite. An evening of enchantment and excitement for all ages. Guests are taken back in time and encouraged to cheer for one of six "Knights of the Realm," named after historic regions of medieval Spain, while feasting on a four-course banquet served in true medieval, pre-silverware fashion. The newest production features amazing lighting, costumes, choreography, exciting battle scenes, falconry, new horse dressage elements and a fresh musical score by the world renowned composer Daniel May.
Charlotte, North Carolina
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“What a fun night”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I had been to the dinner/show about 10 years ago, and then the hubby and I got free tickets after attending a time share presentation to go on February 17. It being the off season, it wasn't very crowded and we were on the front row. While everything is really expensive, the food was good and the show was entertaining. Our knight won the tournament, and I received a carnation.

Visited February 2011

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slightly disappointed. But not bad.”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Just got back from this show tonight. As someone who's been to Dixie Stampede in Tennessee I knew what to expect coming here being that it would be a dinner/show type thing. The outside decor is pretty cool. Looks like a castle and there's flags everywhere. When you walk in they immediately take your picture which they will try to sell you later. Then you walk into the huge lobby which looks really cool. Lots of armor statues around and it just looks like a castle. Of course the time you spend in the lobby is mainly for you to buy one or more of the souvenirs they have; and believe me they have tons! From shot glasses to swords they have everything. Even a little tour of the "dungeon" costs $2. So if you wait it out you eventually get to go in and be seated. You get to pick Pepsi, Diet Pepsi or water. First comes the tomato bisque soup. Not bad. Then a slice of garlic bread. Wasn't very hot but again, not bad. Then comes the main courses and remember there's no utensils so you eat all of this with your hands. First a 1/4 of a chicken. Pretty good. Then a spare rib; not much meat but decent enough. Then slice of potato with the skin still on. And finally a flaky sugar coated apple pastry which was pretty good.

As for the show, it's most definitely scripted and takes a while to really get to the action of sword fights and jousting. They pull down a protective screen on the sides before all the action starts to protect people from wood shards and sparks from swords clanging. All in all it was entertaining if you get into cheering and booing the knights. I decided to heckle the red knight and he turned his horse around, lifted up the skirt and pretty much told me I was a horse's butt. Pretty funny! The sword play and jousting was pretty cool. Although the sword fights on the ground were over the top and silly. Tonight the red knight helped the prince win but I'm willing to bet it changes every show.

As a 33 year old I guess this just didn't impress me as much as I thought it would. I think it's definitely something for kids though. I'm sure they would enjoy it a lot.

1 Thank Scott-Brooks
New Jersey
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“It's fun to do once”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This was my 3rd time at Medieval Times, so I would have to say once is enough. The show is good - knights on horses and jousting and you cheer for your knight. The food is ok, nothing great. They serve you a half chicken (which is the best part of the meal), a potato, one rib, garlic bread, a small turnover for dessert, and soda or water. Everything beyond the show/meal is very pricey (pictures, drinks in souvenir cups, etc) I've also been to Dixie Stampede and liked that better. Also, be prepared at some point to get a whiff of the horses!

Richmond Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Vegetarian meal is great!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We have become vegetarian in the two years since we last saw this show in Myrtle Beach. We were pleasantly surprised to hear that they have a vegetarian option. It was actually great food! It took longer than the other meals-about 10 min. more. We had a large stuffed portabella mushroom, filled with a savory rice/grain mixture, a veggie kabob, hummus and pita chips, and the other courses that were the same: tomato bisque, garlic bread, apple turnover for dessert! The show was great and so was the service.

14 Thank 1fancynancy
Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fun Family Time”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Although only my husband and I went to this, it was still a blast and I'm sure familys with children would really have a great time, too. The food is good, although simple, and the show is fun, with colorful costumes, beautiful horses, and good actors. Our seats were about mid-range up and we saw everything just fine. Auditance participation is a must to really get into the swing of the show and to have a great time.

1 Thank MaggieMe