“Very Exciting”

$49.99*
and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed during our tournament spectacular. From ringside seats, discover a feast for the eyes and appetite. An evening of enchantment and excitement for all ages. Guests are taken back in time and encouraged to cheer for one of six "Knights of the Realm," named after historic regions of medieval Spain, while feasting on a four-course banquet served in true medieval, pre-silverware fashion. The newest production features amazing lighting, costumes, choreography, exciting battle scenes, falconry, new horse dressage elements and a fresh musical score by the world renowned composer Daniel May.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Like usual very great experience. My family went on Christmas night and the carols were sung wonderfully and the food was great!!! Will keep coming back year after year - they kept changing the shows and keeping everyone entertained! Some of the entertainers I recognized from the previous shows and it was good to see them again!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The only thing I have to compare to medievil times is our (17 person) family outing, this time, last year (Christmas), to Pirate's Voyage; we found this Medievil Times to be seriously lacking, for the following reasons:

Pre-show ... medievil times is a pure and simple souvenir money grab, no show at all; at the Pirate thing, it's music, dancing, magic and audience (kid) participation; it was like another whole show in a close environment where you start the experience w/o feeling like you're at a major league ball park buying $19 plastic swords you could find at the dollar store

Show ... first, I have to say, the horse work at Medievil Times is quite good, but medievil times spends a LOT of time trying to fill in time by introducing horses and riders (more than once), feigning a plot and moving horses around the ring - substantive material was maybe about a quarter of the time; we found our teenagers doing a lot of texting during the show. The little kids were entertained, but everybody over the age of 6 was sorely disappointed by the difference between last years' experience at the Pirate show, PLUS, if you're seeking anything Christmasy (I know that's not a word), the Pirate show has a FANTASTIC Christmas story toward the end with a live nativity and animals and Mary/Joseph with amazing classical music (Hallelujah Chorus by Handel if I remember correctly). Also, the Pirate show is what I would describe as "three-dimensional" in it's impact with animals, gymnastics, trapeze, trampoline, water, kids' involvement & talent. The actors at the Medieval Times were good and they did the best with what they had, but at the Pirate show you see people 35' in the air doing flips in to water .... it's quite a dramatic difference.

Food ... Medievil Times delivers tomato soup, a massive side of a chicken, one rib, half a potato, a coke, coffee and pastry. I don't remember last years' menu at the Pirate thing, but I remember it being better; this is purely subjective and based upon a one-year-old recollection, so this point should not be a reason to choose one place over the other

Location ... Medievil times is located w/in a defunct amusement park and shopping mall, giving you the feel of driving in to the bad section of Philadelphia (i.e. just about every section of Philadelphia ... I'm from there, I can say that). The Pirate thing is right off of 17 and doesn't make you feel as though you might need to exercise your permit to carry.

I don't remember what we paid for either one bc my wife took care of that, but I would gladly pay double to go to Pirate's Voyage (and would have gladly seen it again this year in lieu of seeing Medieval Times). Hope this helps in your decision.

8  Thank semilegal
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Signed up for the e-mails and received discount rate for one child free with adult purchase. With 5 children and 5 adults we had a wonderful time, good food and it was easy on our pocket book. Remember to tip your waiter/waitress!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Me and my husband were looking for something to do right before Christmas, so I looked this up online. I had been to the Medieval Times castle in Toronto when I was in 8th grade. That was 15 years ago, so I wanted to try it again as a grown up! Anyways, online there was a special for a free royalty upgrade. It was well worth it. We got free flags to wave, two programs printed on quality paper, and we would have had front row seating if not for the fact that I was in a wheelchair due to some surgery on my foot, so they moved us up to the top row so I wouldn't have to deal with going up and down the steps. However I appreciate how easily accommodated we were! Others with the royalty package were right down front, though. We were given crowns in our Knight's color (we rooted for blue which they also tell you on entry). It is very well organized.

We did not "explore the castle" as we were running behind schedule and got there just 15 minutes before the show started. They have two full bars and merchandise for sale. The Dungeon is $2 for entry but it was easy to tell it's only two short hallways. Don't waste your money.

The food was good. The tomato soup really hit the spot--on our way to Myrtle Beach earlier that day I had a really upset stomach, and it was good to start with something delicious but liquid-y. It tasted amazing and my husband gulped his down, and he's a really picky eater. We also got half a chicken, a spare rib, half of a roasted potato, and an apple turnover pastry for dessert. Everything is eaten with your hands. The soup pot has a handle on it, so don't fear a mess. My only complaint about the food is that for the price we paid--$118 for both of us--we think they could give more than one spare rib with the meal. Two or three would be better. And, they should have more non alcoholic drink choices than Pepsi and water. My husband had two beers from the bar. You get to keep the cups beer comes in, so now we have more tumblers to use at home. :)

The show itself has beautiful horses, cool stunts, and good acting. It is fun to cheer for your knight and boo the others. We liked the horses the best. They were gorgeous.

All in all four stars because the food left a little to be desired for the price (like I said--skimpy portion of spare ribs), and it was slightly annoying being hassled by vendors during the show who sold trinkets, photos of you and your group, etc.

1  Thank Gina K
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Bought my tickets on-line and they were a lot. I called the day before to buy another one for my son I told them I was local they said they didn't give local discounts and his ticket would be $59 plus tax. When we get to the show the lady working in the box office said she would have given me the ticket for $29 if we had came in and bought them. Strike 1. They are passing out the food selling toys for kids and walking around showing people there photos during the whole show so we missed half of it because they were in front of us. Strike 2. There is no preshow and seating is first come first serve. So you have to be there almost and hour and a half early to get a good seat but than you just sit there until the show starts because there is nothing else to do. Strike 3. If you want to spend this amount of money please go to Pirates Voyage they have an awesome preshow they serve most of the food before the show even starts and it is an awesome show! Both my daughter and nephew preferred this show to medieval times.

2  Thank Jamie U