“In the Days of Knights & Chivalry”
Review of Medieval Times

Medieval Times
Book In Advance
More Info
$49.99*
and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed during our tournament spectacular. From ringside seats, discover a feast for the eyes and appetite. An evening of enchantment and excitement for all ages. Guests are taken back in time and encouraged to cheer for one of six "Knights of the Realm," named after historic regions of medieval Spain, while feasting on a four-course banquet served in true medieval, pre-silverware fashion. The newest production features amazing lighting, costumes, choreography, exciting battle scenes, falconry, new horse dressage elements and a fresh musical score by the world renowned composer Daniel May.
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Several friends and I went to MT. For some it was a repeat trip; for others it was brand new. I've now been 3 times. We had front row seats, at the rounded part of the oval so that we faced the king & princess. These were the best. seats. EVER!

Our waiter, I think, had a part in the show itself as a standard carrier; that was neat seeing him in two roles. He was very attentive to us, which was nice.

The show is terrific - watching the falcon fly was a treat. The bird is breathtaking. The horses are well trained and beautiful. The horsemen / knights appear to love their animals. The "tournament" shows off the horse riders' skills. The fights, even though choreographed, are enjoyable to watch and require a lot of stamina & skill.

We did not tour the dungeon (an extra cost), or buy any merchandise. The merchandise ranges from souvenir cups to photos. Alcoholic beverages as well as any beverages other than those served with the meal cost extra.

The food portions are LARGE -we were served about 1/4 of a chicken, a rib, 1/2 of a medium potato, soup (it was really delicious - I could've just had that and been happy), a piece of bread, and an apple turnover. Drinks were coffee (after the meal), water, or sodas. If you have food left, they will box it for you.

Even though this is the "off season" for attractions in Myrtle Beach, the show was put on as though the house was packed. It is interactive, in that the knights engage the audience by asking for our support (huzzahs or cheers), throwing carnations to their patrons, and by picking a special person who will be queen of the tournament if her knight wins. Our knight picked a young girl (4? 5? years old) who was terribly excited when her knight won.

After the show, there is a meet & greet with the knights. Since we had no camera and were all adults with no children in tow, we skipped that part and headed out.

The operations manager is super and has really made a lot of improvements to the castle & overall show. He was there after the show with other "behind the scenes staff," and each was listening or ready to listen to comments from visitors.

I very highly recommend going to Medieval Times.

1  Thank BossQueenEJ
There are newer reviews for Medieval Times

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was my first visit and I loved it. If you don't get carried away with the buying of merchandize and unnecessary extras, you get way more than your money's worth. The utensils are unique, the menu is great and portions are not skimpy. To top it all, the show is dramatic and keeps you engaged.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was probably my favorite place in Myrtle. We pre-ordered our tickets through my employer before the trip. That was a smart move because we had front row seats, which was a nice surprise!

All of the people here are very friendly. It made me laugh each time they called us Lord or My Lady. The service was good and so was the food. The menu included tomato soup, garlic bread, chicken, a potato, ribs, an apple desert, and pop. There are no utensils; you eat with your hands. Surprisingly, it wasn't very messy. Also, there was a bar but the drinks are pricy.

They come around a few times throughout the show to take your picture and then show you the pics at the end. Of course, you can purchase them for a nice fee. We just had the lady sitting next to us take our picture.

The show was very entertaining. There were horses and fighting, which held my interest the entire time. The show isn't just for kids. It's something enjoyable for all ages. The entire show lasted about two hours. I definitely recommend.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a great time. The food was very good and the staff was very good. It is a fun show and I thought that the price was fair. A must see in myrtle beach

1  Thank kev8642us
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Medieval times is a bunch of fun. The food is good and the show is terrific. Probably not something you need to see every year, but we put it in a rotation every few years. Fun for the entire family.