“Good show, ok but too much food, lame constant pitching”
Review of Medieval Times

Medieval Times
Book In Advance
More Info
$49.99*
and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Myrtle...
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed during our tournament spectacular. From ringside seats, discover a feast for the eyes and appetite. An evening of enchantment and excitement for all ages. Guests are taken back in time and encouraged to cheer for one of six "Knights of the Realm," named after historic regions of medieval Spain, while feasting on a four-course banquet served in true medieval, pre-silverware fashion. The newest production features amazing lighting, costumes, choreography, exciting battle scenes, falconry, new horse dressage elements and a fresh musical score by the world renowned composer Daniel May.
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I (2 boys, 7 and 10) saw the show last night. The show itself was pretty cool - the kids particularly liked the jousting and sword/weapons fighting at the end. Cheering for our knight and razzing the others was a winner too.

The food was OK. My wife got a vegetarian meal, which consisted of lazagna and veggies. I'm gluten free, and was happy to know the whole meal but the bread and dessert was safe, and they replaced the apple pie with an Italian ice for me. The regular food was as listed on their site, tasted fine, but was way too much. We each got 1/2 a chicken, and ended up throwing away at least half of it - I can't imagine the total waste from everyone there.

There was a lot of constant marketing going on. HOT TIP: don't go to the desk on the right they lead you to when you enter the hall, as they're trying to hawk discount attraction coupons and timeshares - I was pretty taken aback by this. It was also pretty lame they charged $3 each to go through the dungeon, which really should have been free. And throughout the meal they try to sell banners, drinks with light up cups, etc - though at least they took no for an answer quickly.

Overall, we had a fun time and didn't regret it. But I couldn't see doing it again, once was enough.

4  Thank jmay666
Write a ReviewReviews (1,760)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"apple turnover"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good food! Not too easy to find- you will need a GPS! We really enjoyed the new show. The new pics they sell are not as good as the old ones.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I used to love coming to Medieval Times when I was a child, and when my girlfriend and I visited Myrtle Beach on vacation, we decided we would stop in one night. I expected to be disappointed by the show, being older, and thought that it wouldn't be as fun as when I was a kid. Luckily, I was wrong. The castle is well done and the show is very professional. They added a lot to the show that I didn't remember. We were especially wowed by the falconeer show, where they have a live falcon fly around the ring, literally inches from the audiences' heads!

We went in May, during the offseason, and got free upgraded royalty tickets. The seats are well worth it and provide a very intimate experience with the performance.

Our knight, sadly, didn't win, but overall it was a great experience! The only downside is the price, but they do offer a discount for children, if you plan on taking your family.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Of our 5 days at Myrtle Beach this was the favorite thing we did as far as the younger kids were concerned. They loved the show and the meal, esp NO SILVERWARE. They were a little leery at first but got right into once the food came. My oldest grandson who's 15 said that was the best Baby Dragon (chicken) he has ever tasted. They loved the jousting and we happened to be sitting in the Blue Knight's area who won the tournament. It was entertaining for all of us and the food was good also...Only thing we did not like was when we arrived being sent to a booth for someone trying to sell condo's . Not cool......