“Nothing Special”

NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Jurassic Golf looked good from the road with its dinosaur statues but it was just average. I didn't like the fact that they charged at least one adult to play. We do mini golf for the kids and not for us.

Visited August 2011

branford, ct
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun minigolf course”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Jurassic Golf was right next door to our hotel, so of course we had to check it out! They were running a special- play both of their courses for $10 per person. The course was pretty fun, I think it would be a great place for a child who loves dinosaurs. The only thing that we didnt like was that there was hardly any shade on one of the courses, so we were sweating like crazy (I noticed that most of the courses throughout MB were without shade, so it wasn't just this place). Another good thing was that all snacks (chips, soda, water, ice cream) were all $2.00 each.

Visited July 2011
Maryville TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not Bad not Good”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We went with our 5 yr old son.He like others boys love dinosarus.He really enjoyed it and that is alll that matters.We are not very picky as long as the kids are happy, i Am happy.Like I said the 2 reviews were not good i have read on here.I was thinkin it was not to bad of a place.We almost got rained out the first visit,we just kept playing throught the rain.My son loved it so much we had to go back later that day.The same ol Man was still there he said you got rained out so you can play this round for free.I told him we just kept plying and finished it, he said no matter it is still on the house.So we played for free.Needless to say my son had a ball and like I said that is all that matters to me.

Visited June 2010
Upstate NY
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Expensive and unimaginative.”
Reviewed July 13, 2009

This location looks good from the highway and was probably pretty nice when new. My little boy loves dinos like most little ones do, but don't be tempted. In July 2009 it was $8.50 per adult for either of the 2 courses. The holes were mostly boring, nothing exciting here at all. The carpet was in decent shape but the holes are bordered with brick, which I dislike. The courses climb up and around with a rocky like surface all around. The railings are 2 ropes strung along posts that my 4 year old son could easily climb/fall through. There are many streams throughout, steep rocky areas and other terrain features that made me feel uneasy about my son's safety. The dino's were worn and faded and only the T Rex breaking out of it's containment area looked remotely good. They play what sounds like sampled dino sounds from the Jurrasic Park Movie. The old guy in the starters shack was the only thing entertaining about this mini golf course, at least I got a parking spot in the shade.

NC
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Not very exciting”
Reviewed December 30, 2008

We were disappointed in our visit to Jurassic golf. While it looks good from the road, there really isn't anything that the course offers than standard golf carpeted holes. No obstacles, no gimmicks and not really any exciting holes. On at least one of them you had to have someone standby in case your ball went off the side as it would go in the water with nothing to stop it.

With all the mini golf courses in the area, there has to be more exciting ones than this one.