“I'm very surprised by all the good reviews!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Myrtle Beach KOA Kampground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach KOA Kampground
Worcester, MA
“I'm very surprised by all the good reviews!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Staff was nice, the campground was clean and it was walking distance to the beach... that's about all it had going for it. We were the only tent campers there, so maybe it's just a bad experience if you're tent camping. The "tent sites" are pretty much grass parking spots. There were no trees. The sites do not have fire pits, but the cabins do. This is odd b/c when you're tent camping, all you do is cook and hang out by the fire. When I mentioned this to the staff, they said they would give me a fire ring for a $50 deposit. Yeah... no way. Do they think we were going to drive off with their fire ring (that is worth $10)? I don't understand. Camp sites should have fire... period. This was also my first trip to Myrtle Beach... I'm all set with that place for the rest of my life... that is one dirty place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank vanonymous

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Very nice park about 2 blocks from the beach. It’s an easy walk /bike ride or the campground offers a shuttle. The campground rents golf carts but are only allowed inside the park. We rented from Best Golf Carts so we could take it outside the park. The park is located near the heart of Myrtle Beach but you will never know it when you're in the campground. We looked at 5 parks last summer and this was far and away the best in distance between sites, facilities, and beach access (although there are some CG's with direct beach access the sites are packed together--no thanks!!). The main bath house appears new (<2 years) and was very clean with lots of room. Notables: fire rings are available for a $25 refundable deposit; Pool and splash pad are outstanding; highly recommend you bring ant killer and spray around tires, jacks, stabilizers, hoses, anything that touches the ground. This will keep ants out of your RV.

There a two sections. The upper section is nice and has cabins, back-in, pull through, and tent sites. This section is very shaded, although if you have a satellite you can request a site with no trees to obstruct your view. There are a few "park models" for overnight rental in this area, but they appear to be well maintained.

The lower section (sites in the 300's) appears older and other than the few sites along the creek appear to be mostly semi-permanent. There are also several "stored" RV's in this section, many appears they've been stored for a long long time. It's too bad they've allowed the storage to detract from an otherwise outstanding park.

I rated this park lower because of the wifi and their lack of restrictions on the types of dogs(pits bulls & Rottweiler’s). For the first two days we had persistent wifi issues. Despite calls to the TengoInternet help desk, emails to their support, the problems continued. It appeared to clear up by the end of day 2 then resurfaced on day 4. The turn-around time noted on Tengo's website is 24 hours, clearly unacceptable for broadband help desk. To be fair, TengoInternet manages the in-park network but the data service is through Horry County Telephone, either one --or both-- could have been source of the problem.

Room Tip: There a two sections. The upper section is nice and has cabins, back-in, pull through, and tent sit...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Joe H
Lisle, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was our first visit to a KOA, my children (ages 6 and 7) said they wanted to try camping. We rented one of their Kamping Kabins, and it was very nice/simple. The campground is a short (1/4 mile) walk to the beach, be careful with small children as you have to cross two busy streets (Kings Highway and Ocean Blvd). They do offer an hourly shuttle to the beach, but the walk was not bad at all. The campground was very clean, my kids loved the pool, splash pad, and bounce pillow. The bathroom/showers were very clean. Security was visible (on golf carts) throughout the night. The campground gives the feeling of being in the deep woods when you're less then 100 yards from this bustling resort town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gary f
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have stayed at another campground in Myrtle Beach for the last four years, and this year I could not get into it. I then selected the KOA campground, I will never go back to the other campground. The people at KOA were extremely accommodating. I had a dead battery in my vehicle when I arrived. They jumped my vehicle and I offered a sizable tip and the gentleman refused. He said we are here to service our guest. Customer service is at its best at KOA. I have a 41' motor home, and they provided me with a nice drive through site. The have nice wooded sites and easy walking distance to the beach. I am looking forward to going back to KOA!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Pagmann
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Great staff very friendly . Staying here is like being in the woods while only being a few blocks away from the beach . Nice tent site kids love the pool and the beach is amazing. Loving MyrtleBeach and MyrtleBeach KOA campground. Note if u come here in a tent bring a Fan its Hot and Sticky.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank William V
Johns Creek, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is my second time to the Myrtle Beach KOA and each time I have been so impressed. My kids just love, love, love this place. Pool, activities, banana bike rentals and the world famous jumping pillow! My kids (9 and 6) bring their scooters and I allow them the freedom to go everywhere in the park as I feel it is very safe and there are always friendly KOA personnel to help out. We rent the one room Kamping Kabin and that A/C is fantastic. I recommend the K-1 through K-7 or K-28 through K-33 Kabins -- the sites are spacious and private. We drive about 3 miles south to the Myrtle Beach State Park to go to the beach. It costs $16 per day for a family of four but the access to bathrooms and close parking to the beach are wonderful if you have small kids.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lcbeckett
Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Second year at the KOA! This time we stayed in a cabin which was exceptionally clean and well appointed. This time we took more advantage of the parks' activities, which were very fun - especially the t-shirts. I will agree with a previous poster that the "sleeping loft" was a bit of a surprise when we arrived. It is only about 30" tall, only a bit bigger than an over the cockpit RV sleeping area. The service was 100% top notch. It is very apparent the employees enjoy what they do and are good at doing it. The children's jungle gym and rock wall area looked brand new and my 6 year old enjoyed them very much. The store again was well stocked and the price's were appropriate for the location.

Overall, this is my family's go-to place when we visit Myrtle Beach. Well done.

Room Tip: Think about visiting the Myrtle Beach State Park for your beach time. There is a small charge (coup...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family