“Decent food, great service”
Review of Thorny's

Thorny's
Ranked #90 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Trevor, Wisconsin
“Decent food, great service”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We went to Thorny's with a large group. Everyone liked their food, but the service was fantastic. The waitress was phenomenal! We thought the the food was okay--if you are expecting seafood here, you WILL be disappointed, which was odd for a restaurant right on the coast, steakhouse or not. We actually thought the menu was a limited.

• Visited July 2014

Frankfort, Kentucky
“Great Meal”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We always visit Thorny's when in Myrtle Beach. Our whole family likes to go there. The food is always good and it is very family oriented.

Visited June 2014
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Thorny's was Okay”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This steak house was pretty good.. We had a 45 minute to 1 hour wait, but every restaurant between 6 and 8 pm at Myrtle Beach has a long wait. We didn't get our food for a long time because there was some problem in the kitchen. My 9 year old fell asleep at the table and we didn't get our food until after 8 pm. The waitress felt bad and tried to accommodate us. We got steak, ribs and chicken. The ribs were okay, but I have had better at Chili's. My son's steak was not cooked enough and he said it was chewy. My husband's steak was good and cooked right. We should have sent my son's steak back but he was so hungry he didn't want to wait again. It was responsibly priced we paid $86 including tip for the 5 of us with 2 steaks , 2 ribs and a kids chicken meal and sodas and salad. They have a cool gift shop which we spent time in while we waited. Overall, it was good, but the wait was too long and a little disappointed with the quality of food. I've never been there before this and if the wait wasn't so long I might go there again, but it wouldn't be my first choice. On another night we went to Ruby Tuesdays about 15 minute drive away and that was much better and no wait, not right at beach either though.

Summerville, SC
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were in Myrtle Beach to meet family that traveled from Illinois (we live close to MB, in Charleston, SC). In prior visits to Myrtle Beach I had been to Thorny's and it was excellent. So when they asked for suggestion for dinner, I suggested this place. Unfortunately I was disappointed. We went on a Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. and was told a 30 minute wait, which was to be expected and we were seated in less than 20, so that was good. Server was quick to bring menus and drinks and kept checking on us until we were ready to order (large party of 7). Food came out pretty quick. However, after that it kind of went downhill. Salads were good. I had grilled chicken and loaded baked potatoe and both were extremely dry. Someone else got the potato soup and said it tasted like a bowl of milk with absolutely no flavor no matter how much pepper she added. Hubby got the hawaiian prime rib and said it was good, but had definitely had better. Overall, food was "OK" I would say, nothing to brag about. I felt bad since I had suggested this place as it was delish last time I traveled. In fact last time I was in Myrtle Beach for a weekend, I ate here twice in one weekend. Because we were meeting family from afar we were taking our time to "socialize" after we finished eating. There were still plenty of empty tables around so it was not like we were "holding up a table" they needed for other patrons. We had been finished eating for awhile, and had actually already paid the bill when one of the ladies at our table flagged down the waiter to ask if he could bring us more rolls and we were promptly told "I doubt we have any"........ really? and he scampered off never to be seen again. We were a large party, to which a tip was automatically added to bill and several of our plates were $18 - $26 a piece, the least he could have done was provide us some rolls. Thought that was odd. Probably won't return again as food not "great" for the price.

Lexington, KY
“Keep on driving...”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The best way to describe this would be a generic, REALLY generic, Texas Roadhouse but much more expensive. Yes, you get the little gift shop, a small arcade and the balloon guy outside to attract kids (it worked for us) but keep on driving, you can find better.