“Great steak”
Review of Thorny's

Thorny's
Ranked #91 of 898 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Cooked exactly the way you would expect. Very nice portions and sides were good too. Nice friendly staff, but packed so reservations or getting there ahead of being hungry may be necessary during the high season.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Came here on July 25, 2013 with my family (7 of us). I had the ribs which were excellent, but last year had the prime rib which was even better. Mom had the prime rib which was amazing. Bread rolls were excellent as well as the salads. Everyone thought their food was excellent. May I make a suggestion - offer a prime rib/baby back ribs platter (you can do it ala carte but i think given that these are the two house specialties, this is what should be done!) I ordered the fried pickles which were free with a coupon, but I think pickle chips are better fried than spears. That's just my $0.02 - keep up the great work!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went to thorny's 2x during our weeks vacation. My husband and daughter and myself loved it. Food and service were great. No or very short wait time to eat. Friendly/ quick service. Steak was perfect. Wish I had one in OH.

1  Thank Gibuckeye
Reviewed July 21, 2013

When we arrived there were a lot of people sitting outside and inside . I walked up to the hostess and told her party of 4. We were seated right away WOW!!! Took our waitress over 15 min to greet us and another 10 min to get our drinks .I had my husband keep our daughter occupied at the arcade so I could tell the waitress it was our daughters birthday and I wanted them to sing to her. The waitress told me they DONT SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY are you kidding me I was very disappointed . I don't know of any restaurants that don't sing. She brought out the dinner rolls which were amazing. I gave her our orders with 1 appetizer. Our salads came out fast 10 min later our dinners were out NO APPITIZER . I told her to just take it off the bill. I ordered the grilled chicken with a sweet potato which wasn't sweet kinda sour and the rest of my party ordered the prime rib . The food was average but still better than any calabash seafood buffets there.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

While I wrote a review last year about sevice charges on parties of 6 or more, My husband and I decided to go back again this year. We were sat at a table near the kitchen. The smell coming from the kitchen was not pleasant. I have worked in restaurants before and what it smelled like was old dirty mop water. It was so strong that we couldn't eat there. We again reported to.the manager and nothing was done. We weren't offered another table or raincheck or anything. We left and went elsewhere. I don't think we will be eating there again.