“Great place for families”
Review of River City Cafe

River City Cafe
Ranked #36 of 905 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've been to Myrtle Beach for several years and I made my first visit today to the River City Cafe. We had lunch there with family and friends. The food was excellent and a great place to take the kids.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,611)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had lunch with college roommate there. Great staff. Good prices. Will go back on next visit. Good waterfront view setting on the deck.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I tried it and don't love it. Not sure I even really liked it. It wasn't terrible but I felt for what we ordered as a family out bill was a little high and the portion sizes didn't quite match the price we were paying. I did enjoy the free peanuts and the atmosphere is fun and relaxed. I could see maybe trying it again and getting something different but at this point I'm not sold.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We read good reviews on this place so decided to try it. I don't usually eat burgers so I tried the grilled chicken sandwich and it was delicious! The fries are hand cut as well and my favorite! They were good. Kids got grilled ham and cheese and enjoyed them w fries as well. Next time I go I will try a burger just so I can see if it lives up to its reviews! Atmosphere is neat and different. Location was nice and only a few blocks from our hotel. Prices are average but I suggest u get your sandwich as a platter if you want the fries because just a side of fries is less than you would get with the platter but more expensive.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were staying 4 blocks away at Monterey Bay where a few of the staff recommended River City Cafe. We had just arrived after a 12hr drive from NJ and wanted to eat at somewhere close. It was around 8pm when we walked in and was seated immediately. My wife and I ordered Buffalo wings as an appetizer, and a house salad each. She ordered some kind of chicken sandwich and I ordered a jumbo hot dog. While waiting for our food, we enjoyed looking at the HUNDREDS of license plates on the walls. Kinda neat. Our wings and salad came quickly and both were a bit more then we expected. The salads were fresh and the bbq wings were excellent. When our main courses arrived, I was not impressed with the size of my "jumbo" hot dog. A bit on the small size but covered in chili and onions. Since I'm pretty sloppy to start off with, I ate it using a knife and fork. My wife enjoyed her chicken sandwich and whatever toppings were on it. After filling up we asked for a take out box for what we didnt finish. We decided to have another drink while eating some peanuts, just so we could throw the shells on the floor. That's what this cafe is famous for. As we were getting ready to go, our server suggested we take a bag of nuts with us. He poured 3 large scoops into a bag saying "enjoy. No charge" COOL!!! Now we dont have to buy snacks in the hotel vending machines. All in all, it was a nice dinner for a reasonable price. We enjoyed it.