“Best burgers!!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed March 25, 2013

River City has the best burgers!! Hands down this place is awesome! Great atmosphere, great value, great food...you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank K M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,826)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

First night of dining out in Myrtle Beach for family of 6 so we stopped at River City Café based on Trip Advisor reviews of how great the burgers were. We must have hit an "off" night because the food was average at best. Burgers and even kids corndogs were overcooked. The sweet potato fries and fried mushrooms, as well as the polite service and atmosphere makes me inclined to rate our overall experience as Average vs Poor. We had such high hopes!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were at Barefoot Landing and everyone was hungry. We walked over to one place for dinner and a group of teens were standing in front swearing and blocking the entrance so we decided to cross over to River City Cafe.
There was three people in our party--2 adults, one teen.
We were greeted immediately by a friendly face and lead right away to our table. The host asked if we had ever been there before and when we said no he took great pride in telling us about the restaurant, the food, the experience. It was nice to see someone so proud of their workplace--he really sold the RCC experience to us.
We started with tempura green beans--they were so crispy, piping hot and flavoured perfectly with some subtle seasoned salt as served with a ranch dip. I would order them again!
We all decided on burgers. I had an angus burger, someone else had a turkey burger and our teen had a chicken burger.
Everyone raved about their respective burger.
I had the beef and actually had juice running down my chin. I've never had a juicy, moist and flavourful burger like that. The bun was awesome as well..it was a pretzel bun--the look alone was artistic and I almost felt guilty biting into this work of art.
I had onion rings with my burger and they were clearly hand-dipped and made from fresh onions NOT some frozen rings.
The chicken burger was moist, grilled and although it had sauce it wasn't a dripping mess.
The turkey was very moist and didn't come with a sloppy bunch of toppings---the quality of the meat shone through.
Our server was GREAT! She had only been on the job for 4 shifts so she didn't know the menu inside and out but went and asked what she didn't know and she was bubbly and friendly. I can see locals going back and becoming her regulars--she ha a great personality to work in the hospitality industry.
I will for sure look for another River City Cafe on my next travels.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good food and service. Some of the chairs are not okay so check them before you sit down. Overall it is a fun place to go as the walls are covered with license plates which are great to read. We enjoyed going here.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Service was great as well as the food ~ especially liked the Maui-Maui Sandwich ~ great fish! Also ordered the Bloomin' Onion ~ very good ~ only thing we were not crazy about was the cole slaw