“All Outstanding”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #90 of 893 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“All Outstanding”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Went here with friends - food was outstanding and the service was same. Highlights were Bang Bang Shrimp and the Thai Dumplings/pot stickers for apps and swordfish and salmon grilled. Will return here on my next trip - can't miss! Fun personable service too...

New Jersey
“Really unimpressed!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We've dined at Bonefish Grill in Myrtle Beach before and it was always just ok. This time, however, was not good. Our party of 4 had a reservation for 8:00 pm which we were on time for. Upon arrival, there were several parties waiting outside and at the bar. We gave our name and the hostess said it would be about 15 - 20 minutes before our table was ready. We went to the bar and noticed a whole row of empty tables...strange. Not 10 minutes later... As soon as we ordered our drinks, low and behold our table was ready...in the row with all the empty tables. (Trying to sell more alcohol Bonefish?)

Our waitress (wish I knew her name!) came to the table - asked if we needed more drinks (uhhhh...they're all full) then proceeded to go over the menu. She seemed pretty scattered and pretty casual with how she was talking to us. She left then returned to tell us all the "specials" they were out of...which was most of them. We ordered appetizers (Bang Bang Shrimp is always good) and sipped our drinks and waited. About 30 minutes after the appetizers, the waitress returns to tell us that she doesn't know what happened but she "forgot" to put half of our dinner order in!

Dinner finally was bought to our table and with it a fly that was on my Ahi Tuna...EECCHHH!....I lost my appetite at that point. 3 Strikes you're out Bonefish Grill. We will not return.

Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Ridiculously poor service and phony overpriced atmosphere”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This review for 17 Bypass. I brought my family in from out of town all educated fun people and well mannered in all situations. We were seated with some kind of chaos when we had reservations. Just ridiculous behavior and certainly my last trip here ever. While being seated the clueless male hostess forecefully blasted through our group from behind. Then we get the 60 year old waitress with the devil may care pedantic attitude combined with the old hippie lack of concentration. More grumpy chaos. Atmosphere here has always been so uptight it makes me laugh and I just want to stand up and say "Get over yourselves, you're just another chain restaurant!" I would not have come if it were not for the family actually wanting this. This place reminds me of a really clean morgue that happens to serve food. Portions are great if you are 5ft tall and 125 lbs, so bring some trail mix in your pocket and perhaps a taco or two. The general type of patrons Bonefish draws in remind me of the last supper death scene with Edward G. Robinson in the movie Soylent Green.This place is all Musak and phony phoo-phoo. Incredibly overpriced for what it is.

Brampton, Canada
“Awesome food”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We decided to go to this restaurant over another we had picked prior and we are so happy we did. The food was amazing!! Appetizers were the best I have ever had and my main meal was fabulous!!! My whole family enjoyed their food too! The salads were not as good, but that didn't matter to us because we enjoyed everything else so much! Staff was friendly as well. It is a tad expensive but it was well worth it. It's good for that one "fancy meal" you treat your family to during a vacation

New York
“Great Second and Third Time Around”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We visited this place 2 years ago and loved it so we thought we would try it again with the page party we traveled with. It was so good we went a second time. This place is a chain and always suprises me how good their seafood is. I don't understand how a chain can pull this off but they definitely have the right formula. The Fried calamari with a Asian dipping sauce was a hit with great tenderness and flavor. We also tried the Bang Bang Shrimp which were a hit with the adults and kids in our party. They can be ordered as an appetizer or a taco and both are great. It had the Grilled Grouper which was excellent and had a true grilled flavor. This place is great and has prices in all ranges for all budgets. The only thing I wasn't happy with is that they use Tilapia in their fish tacos. I would expect a higher quality wild caught fish such as Mahi Mahi or Cod like many other places uses instead of a farm raised fish. Will definitely be going back again when in town. The fish all seemed very fresh. Our server explained that this chain fly's in the fish fresh every day and whatever is not used is thrown out. Hard to believe but it was hard to dispute after tasting the fish.