“Delicious German food!”

Ranked #13 of 897 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Austrian, European, German
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving Best German Food (with Austrian Twist) on the Grand Strand since over 18Years.... Dishes like: Sauerbraten, Veal Wiener Schnitzel,even Chicken or Pork Schnitzel, Cordon-Bleu, Hungarian Gulash, Jager Schnitzel, Bratwurst, Knackwurst, Weiss-wurst, Osso Bucco, Homemade Soups, Great Sandwiches and Fresh Salads, even Seafood
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Had Wiener schnitzel that was wonderful. Portions are generous. Small and home-y. Family run and a welcome change from usual SC food

There are newer reviews for Cafe Old Vienna

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I used to love this place. Great food. Now I am disappointed. We are local and have a dinner group once a month. This month, we were the hosts. We had a RESERVATION for 12. We waited over 30 minutes for seating in the cold, outside the restaurant. While we love this place, I can not excuse the fact that they make reservations too close together and do not even ATTEMP to calm things down with a discount, complimentary dessert, etc. Next time, Martina, if there is a next time, tell me when you have reservation and let ME decide whether you can handle us. MY RECOMMENDATION is to go early, have a back up plan. Forget reservations.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I absolutely love the food, the owners and the restaurant. Unfortunately, I belong to a monthly dinner group. The monthly host has everyone over for cocktails and appetizers, and makes reservations for dinner at 6:30. I thought this was an excellent opportunity to share this restaurant with our friends. We made a 6:30 reservation for twelve two weeks earlier and were disappointed to arrive on a cold evening and have to wait outside until after 7:00. There is outdoor seating, however it is on the sidewalk in front. My husband and I were embarrassed beyond words and not offered any kind of discount for our inconvenience. I feel the normal 10% discount (which is offered on line but not since we were so many at one table) would have been in order at least.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Cafe Old Vienna is by far our favorite restaurant in Myrtle Beach. This little "hole-in-the-wall" restaurant serves delicious, home made German/Austrian fare. With a menu full of schnitzels and goulash, they also have a nightly special that is always wonderful. You need reservations to get into this place as they have few tables and limited space.

1  Thank heatherbgale
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We discovered this place around 2005. Since then they had good and not so good times...
We love new decor: fresh, European, cozy, but bright and airy.
The menu is pretty much the same, but the quality got kicked up couple notches: no more frozen Chinese stir fry, schnitzels taste absolutely fantastisch, portions are quite generous.
Service is very professional: waiters fly between tables like ferries, great attention to details...
Very romantic ambiance.
So, I'd say - Old Vienna probably has its best time ever. Way to go!
Couple notes/suggestions:
IMHO Zweigelt goes very well with schnitzel, but it could be a bit colder (ice cube helps)
What they serve as espresso may disappoint some coffee purists: too much water, to little crema, not so dark roast... But I love it! It's like espresso made in moka.

2  Thank Andrey P