“Location!”

Ranked #85 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Maine
“Location!”
Reviewed April 28, 2010

We stayed with our 2 teenagers and with extended family. The room is somewhat smaller than we are used to, however, we had plenty of space. The room was clean and has been recently updated. We were on the beach side and faced the ocean.. lovely! We sat on the little veranda off and on all week. The ocean is still quite chilly so we utilized the pool area. Nice place to sit, sun and swim. Pool is bigger than it looks in the pics.

Saw dolphins swim by each morning!

Great location for walking or driving around.

We are timeshare owners and had traded to stay here. We had NO pressure to tour or meet with anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ratootie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Morehead City, NC
Reviewed March 5, 2010

My Friends and I could not have enjoyed a more enjoyable vacation. The Club is an outstanding place to stay and right on the ocean. The Unit was outstanding, very clean, up to date inside. The employees were very nice and made you feel very welcomed. I have the say that the cleaning and laundry employees were there to help you at all times. I look forward to returning and enjoying another week with all these people.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
NJ
Reviewed November 8, 2009

While I only stayed for a short visit, I found the hotel very clean and comfortable. The oceanfront location was fabulous and within very easy distance to just about any kind of restaurant you could want. Parking was acceptable, despite having to park across the street from the hotel. Space was more than adequate but I'd guess during peak season this might be more challenging. The staff was great! I'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank DDawdy
Jeffersonville, IN
Reviewed October 15, 2009

This is not a Hyatt, it is an older hotel but clean!!! The location is great to get to anywhere in Myrtle Beach. The staff was very nice and helpful. The pool is small, but just a very short walk to the beach. We were on the first floor, but you could sit on your deck and drink your coffee in the mornings and just listen to the ocean.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2009

The staff are friendly, the rooms are nice, beach is beautiful, the pool small however this is where all our new friends where made. Most of its guests seem to be time share owners but are some of the nicest and friendlest people we have ever met. MY wife and two children 3 and 6 will be heading back again this year!
D and D McVey
Barrie, Ontario Canada

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2008

The staff was very friendly! We were walking from hotel to hotel to find a good price with an ocean view. They were more than happy to show us the room before we decided! We loved the views from the ocean front room. My friend was visiting from Minnesota and had never seen the ocean and this was a great experience for her! Thanks so much! I will be back!

• Liked — Views from Bedroom and Balcony
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Burlington, VT
Reviewed May 26, 2008

I have a timeshare at this property so we go every year. It’s a 2 bedroom 2 bath with a phenomenal view from the master bedroom. Rooms are being updated also and should be completed soon. Housekeeping only will come twice if you stay a week. Beach towels are supplied but the annoying part is you get one towel for the whole week and they WILL NOT under any circumstances trade it for a clean one. This wouldn’t be a problem IF there were washer and dryers in the unit instead of just in a few hallways with coin op w/d. The pool is small but seems perfect for the amount of people. There is also one Jacuzzi. There are chairs if you want to sit by the pool or on the grass with in the fenced in yard of the property. The beach is amazing of course. You can rent chairs/umbrella from the lifeguard but it is pretty pricey. I prefer going down 21st Ave to the Eagles or Wings store next to Dirty Dons (there is a great ladies bathing suit and sandal shop next to it as well as a really good sandwich place). You can just get an inexpensive chaise and umbrella there (I checked Walmart and Target and found this beach shop to be cheapest). We fly from Boston so we just give them away when we leave to someone just arriving. The staff is mediocre helpful. Other years they were great but in 2007 it seemed as if they were burned out, even the manager which was disappointing. I will still continue to stay here and will recommend it to others for the reasons that its nice that it is small as opposed to staying at a larger place tons of families. It feels more like an apartment then a crazy party place. Also the location in unbeatable and that is the reason that I gave it such a high rating. We didn’t have any major problems really, I was just angry about the beach towel situation and the lack of southern hospitality by the front desk staff.

Location-

This is THE BEST location in MYR in my eyes and I have been traveling there since I was 15 years old. Obviously, at 30, my BEST LOCATION is not the same as back then. This is on Ocean BLVD and 21st Ave North is the cross street which is a REALLY happening street. Our favorite is Dirty Don's. Every night from 4-7 they have $2 bud light and .25 wings, shrimp, mussels (best mussels I have ever had), and clams. You can sit outside or inside. We prefer outside b/c why not enjoy the ocean air?

We also LOVE SOHO. They have EXCELLENT sushi and the steak is incredible. It’s a completely different atmosphere then DD. More of a martini place with an Asian flare. (can be found on trip advisor restaurants.)

If you are looking for a fun beach bar, BUMMZ beach bar just a few doors down from The Schooner on Ocean BLVD. (can be found on trip advisor restaurants.)

There is an excellent breakfast spot on the corner of 21st and Hwy 17. Its on the left corner if the beach is behind you. Very nice people from Jersey own and run it.

Also make sure you eat at California Pizza on 25th… they are everywhere but that one is just the closest.

There is also a Starbucks right on Ocean BLVD.

We go days without having to drive anywhere. I only suggest renting a car b/c MYR is a great place to explore. But as you can see, it is not a must.

• Liked — Beach, location, small quieter property
  • Disliked — Having to bring my wet sandy towel to my room with me and deal with it being dirty for a week. Also front desk staff.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank amymclugo