Schooner II Beach/Racquet Club
$219
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$158
Grande Shores Ocean Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$192
$184
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$303
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$198
$174
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

$279
$207
$179
$236
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$225
Official Site
  • Pool
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$149
All reviewsbunk bedsmaster bedroomfull kitchenball courttable tennistime sharefront deskocean frontenjoy myrtle beachacross the streetwithin walking distancesmall poolrooms are largeexercise roomshort walkbit datedthe location is perfect
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel is an older place and doesn't have a lot of fancy decoration, but it has a great location at a quiet end of the beach. The rooms were spacious and beds comfortable, and the staff helpful and friendly. It's walking distance to good places to eat like Sunnyside Cafe, Rockafellas Seafood, and Big Sam's. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank gsamx
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife has been going to the Schooner II since she was a little girl and the tradition continues with us and our 2 boys going every year.

The place is great for what/where it is; a nice hotel right on the beach that's conducive to families. Let's start w/ the positives:

- LOCATION: Right on the beach, can't beat it. Plus, you're in walking distance of a few great eateries; Dirty Don's, Soho, River City Cafe, Ultimate Pizza. The best is that you're in walking distance of Kirk's Ice Cream Parlor. Love the nutty coconut.

- CONDOS: Recently updated with a nice kitchentte and bunk bed area for kids. We've stayed in both the 1 and 2 bedroom units. Although you can't beat the 2 bedroom view, we actually like the layout of the 1 bedroom w/ bunk bed area better. As with any oceanside property, you're going to get some wear and tear, but for the most part, the units are well maintained.

- STAFF: Incredibly friendly and helpful.

Ok, now a few negatives:

- POOL: This used to be a huge negative for me, but it has gotten better. The pool is way to small. They have recently updated it and tend to keep it cleaner then in years past, but it's too small for the amount of folks they have staying there. We've found ourselves sneaking into other hotel pools. It's not necessarily the Schooner's fault as they just don't have enough land to make a larger one.

- ARRIVING/DEPARTING: As another reviewer mentioned, it's a pain unloading your car. It's very tight up front and there are only 2, very slow elevators. Can't really help that though.

All in all, I highly recommend this place. We'll keep coming back.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better the view and less noise you get from the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sbouldin
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was our first stay here. The room was clean and spacious. The location of hotel was great. It is close to Broadway at the Beach. The suite had a nice updated kitchen and two bathrooms which is great for a family of 6. I would recommend to friends and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank luv2travelwith6
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed one week this July. We were on the 4th floor. First impression, difficult to load and unload car. When its busy (check in time) you can barely get on the lot. The first day we noticed that our sink and bathtub backed up. We called down front and they took care of it promptly. Still, really?? There was hair in our tub so I cleaned it myself. I was too embarrassed to call down to the lobby again but I couldnt stand it. I will say that we had our own AC and it worked great. We could crank it down and really get cool, which was nice because we were having a heat wave. Our bed was very comfortable and it was surpisingly quiet at night so we slept well. On Friday an elevator (they have 2) went out so the entire hotel was trying to use the other. We finally gave up and used the stairs. I will say of all the places we have ever stayed this place had the smallest pool. There were several times we wanted to swim and people were packed in there and we just gave up on the idea. We enjoyed our vacation because we have been going to Myrtle for years and we love it but I wouldnt stay here again. Some pros but too many cons for the dollar.

Room Tip: You might want to choose a lower floor. An elevator went out one day we were staying there.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladybug_91982
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was my 4th year staying at the Schooner II and I am still amazed. The review rating is lower than expected. If you are looking for an A+ luxury with the lasted fashion, intend to go elsewhere and pay a fortune, but for the nightly cost, expect to be AMAZED. Most hotels in the area supply a studio-like room with barely no amenities for the same price. The Staff is wonderful. Period! I have spoken to the manager/s, staff, and housekeeping and all of them are informative, friendly, and know how to make a pleasant atmosphere by going out of their way to make sure your needs are met. The rooms are more than we could ask for. It has a full kitchen with sufficient supplies, a huge/open and well-kept living room, and a fantastic private bedroom. The views of the city and ocean view from the side have a warm personal amount of space to enjoy every inch of what MB has to offer. I have never had issues with bugs, dirtiness, or maintenance. Within 10 miles, there are numerous attractions in a great family environment. The party-goers are in South MB no where near the Schooner. Within 5-10 minutes is Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, Cherry Pier, and wonderful places to dine. Amongst the years, I had brought several of our friends along to the Schooner and they always walk away with a 10 star rating. Even with the increased cost, the price still doesn't deter me from booking year to year because I know that I am getting every penny worth a great A+ vacation. Thank you.

Room Tip: Hotels in Myrtle Beach are fairly simple when "area" is very important. Anything from 21st street and up are in a well-kept and friendly environment. If you are a family or couple, let this be your first area of choice. If you like a lot of noise and average nightlife, like carnival amusement but family-friendly stay between 16th-21st street. If you are a Party-goer or spring breaker, looking for a cheap hotel with not the greatest surroundings, stay anywhere from 14th street down. I have been to MB 4 years in a row. :)Happy Traveling
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple