“The BEST PRIME steakhouse !”
Review of New York Prime

New York Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
New York Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 893 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Highway 17 and the Ocean
Description: Golf Magazine’s choice for “where to eat with your clients” and “best steakhouse” by The Myrtle Beach Herald. New York Prime’s menu features USDA prime for every steak such as the monster 40oz. Porterhouse for two, colossal Baked Shrimp and fresh Florida Stone Crabs. The only all-prime experience on the Grand Strand, New York Prime Steakhouse offers an extensive wine list and seating for large parties.
“The BEST PRIME steakhouse !”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Doesn't get any better! My husband and I dined there this evening..FABULOUS! I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited October 2013

Roanoke, Virginia
“Best steak ever !”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a high-end steak place while at Myrtle Beach on business and this place delivered . The wait-staff are well- trained and attentive. The atmosphere is unpretentious and relaxed, but upscale at the same time. I enjoyed an exquisite petite filet and asparagus. Both were cooked perfectly and the bernaise sauce was some of the best I've had. Nice wine selection and even though I couldn't finish it , I had to try the white chocolate banana cream pie. Everything was great. Prices are high but worth it. Highly recommend !

• Visited October 2013
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Top Notch”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

2 weeks ago, we were a party of 6 with a rather LARGE bottle of wine that we took in ourselves for a fair corkage fee to Enjoy! We were taken care of by Sang! All but 1 had steaks. We all oohed & aahed over how they melted in our mouths! We had tasty mushrooms, yummy mashed pots & save room for desserts-you won't be sorry! We have been going to MB for many years & this was our first time here, but it won't be our last! Thanks so much to the many who took great care of us!

Succasunna, New Jersey
“I asked for THE BEST steak restaurant in Myrtle Beach, and this is where they sent me!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Fantastic. Fantastic. Fantastic. Our waiter's name was Mike and he made me and my mom feel welcome from moment one. And then he explained that ALL of the steaks at NYP are charred, and my mouth started to water. In my opinion, all steaks SHOULD be charred, so already I'm a believer and I haven't yet eaten a thing. My mom and I each had the bone-in ribeye, mine medium and hers medium well. They were both cooked perfectly. We needed to add salt, but appreciated that they likely wanted to present an "unadulterated" steak that we could season to our own taste...much appreciated. There was a melted butter & herb presence, but not ridiculous...I think a steak swimming in butter is just irresponsible and OVERindulgent...too much butter and you won't taste the steak.

Anyway, the steak was the best I've ever had. And I've had some outstanding steaks...in NYC, Omaha, where ever. Mike dressed the large baked potato at our table and it was perfect...perfect texture and very flavorful with just the right amount of sour cream, butter, and REAL bacon bits. My mom wanted to order the onion rings, but after we explained our dilemma to Mike (the fact that I wanted baked potato, but my mom wanted onion rings...and Mike warned us that the servings were gigantic), Mike gave us 2 of the giant onion rings on the house and we ordered the baked potato to share. Mike, was generous and absolutely correct. The 2 onion rings were just enough to satisfy my mother's craving, and she enjoyed them very much. Then, towards the end of our dinner, we only had one slice of that amazing raisin bread that they serve. My Ma and I knew it would be heaven to have a slide of that bread in the morning, so I asked Mike for just one more slide. He gave us 3 more slices! We were tinkled pink. And the raisin bread was as amazing during breakfast the following 2 mornings as it was that 1st night.

The ONLY complaint that we had is that they serve cold hard butter with the warm bread...impossible to spread. I never had understood why so many restaurants do this! Soft butter, damnit!

NYP will be a regular stop from now on whenever we visit Myrtle Beach. I'm really looking forward to returning. I hope Mike's still there. He's so warm and welcoming. My Ma and I really like him alot.

1 Thank triciaburke
Binbrook
“Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

the best steak I can remember ever tasting. Authentic flavor, fantastic service and explanation of the menu....excellent service....no stone unturned for delivery of an excellent dining experience. the flavour of the steak is like no other, great atmosphere and ambiance for a delicious dinner.