“Ate there for my Birthday!”
Review of New York Prime

New York Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
New York Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 877 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Highway 17 and the Ocean
Description: Golf Magazine’s choice for “where to eat with your clients” and “best steakhouse” by The Myrtle Beach Herald. New York Prime’s menu features USDA prime for every steak such as the monster 40oz. Porterhouse for two, colossal Baked Shrimp and fresh Florida Stone Crabs. The only all-prime experience on the Grand Strand, New York Prime Steakhouse offers an extensive wine list and seating for large parties.
Whiteville, North Carolina
“Ate there for my Birthday!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've been to New York Prime many times before and it's always great! Ate there for my birthday. Had a card on the table waiting for me and confetti all over the table. It was a nice touch. :) I enjoyed my dinner. I had the lobster and it was great! (a lot to eat, as it was huge!) The lobster bisque was out of this world! Very attentive staff. As always, will visit again :)

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank southernbell7777

Boston
“Don't get your hopes up....”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I will keep it short. This is not a NYC steakhouse in MB. I guess you shouldn't expect that but the steaks are $40-60 and they quality is poor. We had 11 in our group and ordered a variety of steaks. Across the board everyone was disappointed. Not worth the $$$. Ruth's Chris looks to be a safe bet.

• Visited August 2013
CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at New York Prime, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Chris, At NY Prime we serve only the best USDA Prime aged beef for every cut, including filets. I'm sorry to hear your group wasn't wowed.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“A little slab of NYC in MB”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I'm local and when we have guests in town who want a really high-end meal we take them to NYP. In my opinion NYP would hold it's own if dropped into any major metro food market in the US. Excellent beef broiled at extremely high temps. Fresh lobsters at 3lbs and up. Typical steakhouse a'la carte dishes like spinach, potatos w/ onions, asparagus.

Service has always been very very good. Jason was our preferred server for years but I believe he has moved on. All we have been served by however have been excellent.

Pretty good, but not great, wine list. Better than average for the MB market.

If having a full meal including apps, before dinner drinks, & wine with dinner expect to pay $75 to $125pp.

For a basic, but excellent, steak dinner for two, 1 side to share no wine, no frills maybe $70-80 plus grat.

Overall, for myrtle beach I rank it in my top 5.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jay S
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Another excellent Filet”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place never fails me. Everything top notch and one of the few places that serves 14 ounce Prime Beef for their filet. Can't think of a better steakhouse in the southeast.

• Visited July 2013
Janesville, Wisconsin
“AMAZING Steak Dinner in Myrtle Beach”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are looking for a fancy dinner, this is the place! It is very expensive but it is worth it. The service and food here is incredible. Everything is a la carte, so you have to order everything separately, but they allow sharing. My husband and I ordered one giant baked potato to split and it was more than enough food! The service is amazing, the present all the food to you before they serve it (and they actually serve it TO you). I overheard people saying they didn't like the charring on the steak but I thought it was delicious. You should definitely make a reservation, the place is small and was packed when we went at 8PM on a Wednesday night. Very romantic ambiance, which was perfect for a fancy dinner on our honeymoon. Loved it!

• Visited July 2013