All reviewsorange laketime shareacross the streetgas fireplacelagoon poolpar golf courseowner updatelazy riversignature collectionbedroom villafull kitchenscreened in porchbuilding bclose to the airportsales presentationbeach accessmarket commons
Reviewed February 16, 2013

As i read some of the reviews i get angry. Some of you want to be pampered allllll of the time. There are washing machines and dish washers for a REASON. As for the bugs. stop whining there are bugs everywhere, you must be looking for them and all of the time. Yes it is a 50 second walk across the street to the beach. yes it is at the end of ocean blvrd. Do YOUR research before you book and be acountable for YOU. The service is poor but it is getting better.I bought with burroughs and chapin over 12 years ago but they got bought out by holiday inn club vacations. I didnt ask for this BUT I am dealing with it.THis is a family resort so if you dont like getting bumped into at the pool by KIDS than go to rodeo drive for your vacation. If you have something broken in your room then CALL and have it fixed. it is your resort you report the stuff,that is how it works. As for people whining about the towels, wash them yourselves,thats why the machines are there.This is a great place for a family vacation.

Room Tip: if you want quiet stay away from the lagoon pool facing the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Joseph M
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Hello! Thank you for your review! We do provide the appliances in the rooms for our guests convenience. As you stated, we are a short walk to the beach, but we also have the complimentary shuttle that will take you to our private beach club (Breezes) and bring you back to the resort when you are ready. Thank you for also pointing out that we are a family resort. We have many pools, activities for everyone in the family and we just love to have a great time! Thank you again for all of your comments, we love hearing from our Owners

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I own an RCI timeshare and used some of my points to stay here. I had never been before and was pleasantly surprised when we got to the front gate. The check-in was quick and easy, there is the part about the Holiday Inn Timeshare people bugging me but I knew it was coming so I just said no and kept on walking out the door. Our room was a 2 bedroom right by the pool on the ground floor, as I had requested, and it was very nice. It was the end of January so the out door pool was a "no go" but they have a nice indoor pool with a hot tub and steam sauna. I did use these after the long drive with family. It's across the street from the beach but not to far of a walk. I never had any trouble with the room so never really need any help from the staff, I did get a couple of phone calls from the Timeshare people and again said no thanks. (Some places they bug you much worse) All in all it was a good time with my family, the place was nice and clean with all the ammenities we could have need for a week vacation. I'll go back....but not for 3 years, due to the Timeshare policy but that's ok. I knew that going into it. I liked the slow pace of the "off season"...I could only imagine what a mad house that place must be during peak summer season.

4  Thank Countrybears174
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate your feedback and I am glad you were pleased with everything our resort has to offer. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your room request and get you the exact view you were looking for! We look forward to you and your family returning in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We exchanged with RCI into a 2bedroom condo & thoroughly enjoyed our unit, the view of the ocean & pier, and the quieter section of Ocean Blvd. We are glad we came off season; can't imagine the traffic during season. It warmed to a wonderful 65 or 70 everyday. The unit is extremely clean, well equipped, and has the best bed we've had yet! Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank nhpauls
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for exchanging through RCI to come and stay with us! We really appreciate you choosing to stay at our property and coming to check us out. You must have been here during the small stretch of beautiful weather that we had, good for you guys! I am happy that you enjoyed you room and were able to get a great night’s sleep on that comfortable bed! It is certainly a big difference between this time of the year and the summer time hustle and bustle. Thank you for your posting your review and for the great comments! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Beautiful place - everything you have already read about the grounds, pool, and beach are true. Also, the service was great.

Area for improvement
Pillows - the bed was great but the pillows were awful. Thank goodness they had softer pillows in the closet for the fold out sofa. If it wasn't for that, we would not have been able to sleep.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a family.

1  Thank lessnow59

Hi there! Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the readings about our resort to be accurate. I will pass along your suggestion about the pillows, thank you for letting us know. Thankfully, the additional pillows provided in the closest were more suitable for you. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We noticed that MB was having a few days of 75 degree weather, so quickly went onto RCI and booked this resort. We had a lovely time. We had the resort to ourselves as it was the middle of Jan. Our favorite thing was the huge outdoor hot tub that was located right behind our unit. Our two bedroom unit was nice and roomy. Both rooms had king size beds and the master suite had both a walk in shower and large jetted tub. The beach is directly across the street and the resort has a nice "beach house" with pool, bathrooms, game room, ect. The beds are very comfortable, which is a big deal to me! We would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Stayed in "G" building. Close to the huge hot tub. Loved it in the winter!
1  Thank Becky D
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Well, you certainly came to Myrtle Beach at the perfect time! Since that week it has gotten very chilly! This morning it was 28 degrees! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the large hot tub during your stay, in January! Thank you so much for your review, we look forward to seeing you again!