“Quiet and relaxing”

Ranked #63 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Virginia
“Quiet and relaxing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband & I stayed the weekend in an oceanfront efficiency. It was very clean and comfortable. We had most everything we needed except for a hairdryer. I guess I have gotten used to having one on the wall in the bathroom....this is the first place I've stayed in years that didn't have one. I had to sit in the floor in front of the heater to dry my hair, which worked ok. So...,don't forget your hairdryer. The hotel is at the boardwalk which makes it real easy to get up and down the beach to the small shops. It is also great for exercise if you like to walk or jog. It was real close to the 2nd Ave. Pier which has a very nice restaurant and an open-air bar. This was a great place to stay for the weekend, but I probably won't stay for my mid-summer weekly visit because I enjoy more ammenities.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SunLoverVirginia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
HUNTERSVILLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

My girlfriend and I went to Myrtle Beach for a long weekend, with no place to stay. We stopped at the Windsurfer first. I was warmly greeted by a gentleman named Jared who work with me to get me a room at his wonderful establishment. The rate was just right and the stay was perfect. My girlfriend and I work a lot and so when we go somewhere we try to make is special and that is exactly what we got from Jared and his staff. Thanks again Jared! We'll be seeing you soon.

Brett Hicks

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bah10206
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

We just returned from a 10 day stay with our Windsurfer family. We had a wonderful time, as always.

The new boardwalk promenade now runs across what used to be a private ocean front lawn. We miss the privacy that it afforded, but, the city and the owner of the Windsurfer have done a beautiful job of landscaping. There is still plenty of room to sunbathe and play games and people watch. There are new louge chairs, umbrellas and tables all around the property. It really is beautiful.

When we arrived, our room was ready and spotless. There wasn't a grain of sand, a hair or a bug in site. The housekeeping staff is very efficient and courteous and always made sure we had everything we needed or wanted. Thank you Sharon!

The grounds are very well maintained by the staff. They are always working at keeping trash picked up, plants trimmed and windows shiney. The pools are always sparkling clean. There is parking on site and a lot directly across the street.

The hotel could use some updating, but I can't complain since everything was spotless and in working condition. You have to remember that this is a beach hotel and it takes wear and tear from sun, sand, surf and most of all people. It's not the Atlantis in Nassau, so don't expect room service or cabana boys at your beck and call.

The reason we return every year is because of the staff. They have made us feel like family since our very first stay, which I think was about 8 years ago. We always feel like we've come home when we walk in the front office. Thank you Cynthia, Javier and Mike for taking such good care of us. And a shout out to "the new guy" in town Jared!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Summer1616
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

My husband and I had been in Atlantic Beach NC, upon leaving we decided to drive to Myrtle Beach, but had no idea where we would stay. I had been wanting to see the new MB boardwalk,but didnt really know what hotels were close. We both were tired after the drive from Atlantic Beach so as we drove, I saw a sign at the Wind Surfer that said walk in special. I am so glad we decided to try that hotel. First the lady at the front desk made you feel like you were family coming home. She told us to look at the room before we decided to stay. We looked at the room and it was, clean and looked so cozy, as I looked at the beach, from the room to my suprise, there was the 2nd avenue pier and the start of the new boardwalk. The rates were unbelievable and what a awsome view, you could see the ocean from the bed if you leave the drapes open. We were more than happy to rent the room and we had a great time, slept well, enjoyed amenties, like the indoor pool and hot tub, not to mention all of the really nice outdoor lounges and chairs with umbrellas in the ocean front yard of the hotel. Within walking distance is the new Pier 2 restraunt that provides ocean front dining and has an elevator to the top floor of the restraunt. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants great value and a clean and fun place to stay. We will be returning to The Wind Surfer anytime we stay in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank duckygal
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

We had a oceanfront jacuzzi room, great price. The room had a small stove and fridge. This hotel has been here a while, so it has a little wear to it. But it was clean and good for families. Small indoor/ outdoor pool and whirlpool. Only about fifty yards to the pier, so it was perfect for my purpose. Alot of flounder being caught. Located between amusement park and where the old pavilion used to be. The staff was great. The boardwalk goes from 2nd Ave. to 14th Ave. a nicer walk than Ocean Blvd. I plan to stay here for all my fishing trips.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank prospecter
Mechanicsville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

just got back from a fantastic week in Myrtle Beach, my first time in the area in nearly 20 years. searched for a week online for a good deal, and just stumbled across the Windsurfer...and i have to say, i couldnt have been more impressed!!! first impressions are always the best, and i was definitely impressed from the start. Ms Cynthia, as youve probably read on this website, is truly a gem, makes everyone feel at home, and she certainly did the same for me. Jared was awesome as well, as was the guy who worked a lot of week nights (cant remember his name, but very nice guy). NO complaints about my room, was immaculate when i checked in. i was in room 407, end unit, had a beautiful view of the ocean, the new promenade, and 2nd ave pier. Yes, parking is a bear, but its oceanfront, what do you expect? and overflow parking is literally across the street, so its not a big deal at all. also, no idea why folks complained about the elevator, that thing moved fast, and i never waited long for it at all.

other than the parking, my only complaints would be the pool, it did get dirty at times, but it was VERY windy this past week with the two hurricanes offshore. and the pool was REALLY cold, but.....is that really something to complain about?

all in all, The Windsurfer is truly a gem of a hotel, RIGHT on the ocean, in the heart of central Myrtle Beach. you cannot beat the location, you are close to everything. wonderful staff, great price.....truly an awesome experience. as far as I am concerned, The Windsurfer has earned a lifelong customer this week, and i would gladly recommend it to anyone. Thank you Ms Cynthia, Jared, and all the staff for providing just the vacation i needed! see you next year!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank pughtm
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

we have been staying at the windsurfer since about 2000 we love it everyone has became like family to us ! the pools are always clean and you can even see them cleaning them often the rooms are nice you are in a great location and the staff is the best ! go see cynthia she will fix you up she is wonderful

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family