“Very well worth the money - wonderful staff - worth repeating your visit!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Windsurfer Hotel

Windsurfer Hotel
Ranked #82 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Olive Branch, MS
“Very well worth the money - wonderful staff - worth repeating your visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I called lots of hotels before deciding on Windsurfer Hotel - photos looked fine and the price was great!
I was worried a little the closer I got - "What if I'm sorry about my choice, etc...." I couldn't have been happier! We had a terrific view from the third floor, we were convenient to everything - right next door was the 2nd Avenue Pier Restaurant - pier - and on top of the building the 2nd Avenue Bar & Grill.
Don't miss the breakfast in the restaurant - delicious and priced right! The food at lunch and in the evenings was excellent, too, at the roof balcony at the bar and grill. Right on the water - awesome.
The boardwalk took you to all the hotspots in less than 1-1/2 miles - great walk. You walk that distance, do whatever you decide in that area, then 1-1/2 miles back. Excellent and interesting walk - that way you can eat anything you like! By the way, don't miss the prime rib at the 14th Avenue Pier Restaurant. It's `1-1/2 miles north of the Windsurfer at the end of the boardwalk.

Back to the hotel, the first night we got there it was very late and we didn't think our air was cooling the way it should. I made a call first thing the next morning to the front desk and within one hour we had a brand new air conditioning system installed! Talk about cold air! They were so nice and friendly. The repairman who did the work was great. We enjoyed the pool, too. I wish my grandkids had been there to enjoy the smaller pool with the umbrella shower. It was cool.
I will definitely go back. We have not one complaint!

Room Tip: Just ask for an ocean view - you will love it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PeggySue610

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sale Creek, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband, my son, and myself stayed at the Windsurfer for four days. While it was clean and the staff was very friendly, I was rather surprised to find that they did not provide shampoo. They provided a coffee pot, but no coffee. The towels were plentiful, but could use some fabric softener. Also, there was not enough parking at the hotel and we had to park across the street on a couple of occasions. Other than that, it was very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mona9957
Collinsville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was my first vacation to Myrtle Beach in over 16 years and I have to say THANK YOU WINDSURFER HOTEL!!!

Everything from the front desk to housekeeping was fabulous. I had read the reviews AFTEIR I had booked our room and was a bit worried about it. We were about 2 hours early and they let us go ahead and get our room. Housekeeping had cleaned but since we were early, had not had time to put clean towels in the room. This was not a problem since we were early. Within the hour, we had clean towels. I didn't expect them to provide dish detergent BUT there it was...right on the sink.

The only problem I had was my fear of heights (we were on the 7th floor). LOL The room had a great view of the beach, the pier, and the street (as long as I didn't look straight down lol).On Wednesday Night, we sat on the balcony and watched the fireworks from the pier... EXCELLENT way to watch them.

Again, Thank you so much for this wonderful vacation. We will be coming back and staying at the Windsurfer Hotel soon.

Room Tip: Although I am scared of heights....the 7th floor provided the BEST views of the beach, the pier, and...
1 Thank Pamela M
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Once again, another perfect vacation at the Windsurfer. We were trying to remember how many years we've been staying here and I think it's been ten. We are always treated like family by the staff and we always meet the nicest people here.

I see a few complaints here and I just cannot imagine that the staff would not address the issues to your satisfaction. They take pride in this hotel and it shows. There have been renovations done over the past year, new carpet, paint and curtains. Looks great!

Some things that do need attention are the coach lights around the outdoor pool and some tiles need replacing in the pools and hot tub. No biggie.

Special thanks to Mr. Smith, Jared (I hope I spelled your name right), Javier, Mike and Sharon. And to Miss Cynthia our newest family member....we'll see you this winter and we might not go home this time!

Cindy Brooks

Room Tip: We love the 4th floor. The elevator can be busy at times and you can use the stairs and the view is...
3 Thank Summer1616
Statesville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

room 202 first thing hair all over tub, no bowles no spachala, crumbs on floor,frying pan burnt up.stove don.t work properly,outlet by stove don,t work rust in microwave,bottom of frigerator full of water, no guard on airconditioner to keep curtains from blowing open. I was also told there was a rail at toilet and tub,not so.My Aunt is 78 years old and can,t get around good,so i would not have brought her had i known this. I expressed my displeasure to front desk and all i got was i,m sorry.

Room Tip: Don,t take room 202
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Joe J
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is our second time at The Windsurfer Hotel . When we planned our vacation for the first time to Myrtle Beach we did a lot of research on Hotels in Myrtle. We found The Windsurfer to be clean and it had everything we needed. We stayed on the 2rd floor in july 2011and on the 3rd floor Aug 2012 . We never used the elevator (we prefer the stairs)but checking in and out the elevator was fast. Everything is in walking distance from pool to the beach to shopping loved it loved it loved it . We have never been anywhere in the States and we would recommend this hotel to our family and friends. Can't wait for next year

1 Thank Christine F
Winston Salem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stay at the Windsurfer at least 7 - 8 times a year and LOVE IT. The staff is wonderful and Miss Cynthia at the front desk is the most awesome lady ever. The last two times we have had the same room on the 9th floor. I love the views from the balcony and the house keeping is awesome. They always make sure we have enough clean towels and everyday our bed is made and floors are moped and cleaned.

You are right on the new boardwalk and in walking distance of the strand and the new Sky Wheel. Perfect location for a much needed vacation.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view of the beach and ocean.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple