“We LOVE the Windsurfer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Windsurfer Hotel

Windsurfer Hotel
Ranked #63 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sterling, Virginia
“We LOVE the Windsurfer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Once again, another perfect vacation at the Windsurfer. We were trying to remember how many years we've been staying here and I think it's been ten. We are always treated like family by the staff and we always meet the nicest people here.

I see a few complaints here and I just cannot imagine that the staff would not address the issues to your satisfaction. They take pride in this hotel and it shows. There have been renovations done over the past year, new carpet, paint and curtains. Looks great!

Some things that do need attention are the coach lights around the outdoor pool and some tiles need replacing in the pools and hot tub. No biggie.

Special thanks to Mr. Smith, Jared (I hope I spelled your name right), Javier, Mike and Sharon. And to Miss Cynthia our newest family member....we'll see you this winter and we might not go home this time!

Cindy Brooks

Room Tip: We love the 4th floor. The elevator can be busy at times and you can use the stairs and the view is...
3 Thank Summer1616

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Statesville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

room 202 first thing hair all over tub, no bowles no spachala, crumbs on floor,frying pan burnt up.stove don.t work properly,outlet by stove don,t work rust in microwave,bottom of frigerator full of water, no guard on airconditioner to keep curtains from blowing open. I was also told there was a rail at toilet and tub,not so.My Aunt is 78 years old and can,t get around good,so i would not have brought her had i known this. I expressed my displeasure to front desk and all i got was i,m sorry.

Room Tip: Don,t take room 202
1 Thank Joe J
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is our second time at The Windsurfer Hotel . When we planned our vacation for the first time to Myrtle Beach we did a lot of research on Hotels in Myrtle. We found The Windsurfer to be clean and it had everything we needed. We stayed on the 2rd floor in july 2011and on the 3rd floor Aug 2012 . We never used the elevator (we prefer the stairs)but checking in and out the elevator was fast. Everything is in walking distance from pool to the beach to shopping loved it loved it loved it . We have never been anywhere in the States and we would recommend this hotel to our family and friends. Can't wait for next year

1 Thank Christine F
Winston Salem
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stay at the Windsurfer at least 7 - 8 times a year and LOVE IT. The staff is wonderful and Miss Cynthia at the front desk is the most awesome lady ever. The last two times we have had the same room on the 9th floor. I love the views from the balcony and the house keeping is awesome. They always make sure we have enough clean towels and everyday our bed is made and floors are moped and cleaned.

You are right on the new boardwalk and in walking distance of the strand and the new Sky Wheel. Perfect location for a much needed vacation.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view of the beach and ocean.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scott C
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We found the hotel to be very nice and a good bargin. We've stayed in the tower and in the older annex and really prefer the latter... The rooms are a bit older but they are somewhat larger. Formally a Bar Harbour customer but are now converts....

Room Tip: Go for rooms in the annex.... usually a bit cheaper than the tower and slightly larger.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Shenandoah, Pa.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

The only reason I am writing this is because I use the reviews.... Pros are the location and the front desk staff. The cons were when we first arrived (husband ,wife and 3 daughters). There was four dirty pillows and five dirty pillow cases and 1/2 roll of toilet tissue; Not much planning or attention to detail on housekeeping = bad first impression. Two nights later after coming back from dinner and turning on the lights, there were roaches running for cover. Staff took care of us and moved us to a different room that was not beachfront, saying they will have a beachfront room the next day. Now we are moving for the third time and on the last night there, here come the roaches again. I felt bad because I let my family down and because i liked the hotel, I only wished it was cleaner! The front desk both day and night shift were understanding and gave us a discount for the one night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AD I
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I found this hotel on tripadvisor and it was number 50 I thought that was good and the pics looked nice...I was so wrong as soon as we walked in I was shocked, it was so dirty there was hair all over the kitchen floor. The refrigerator was so dirty and sticky where u open it, gross. I spent the first hour of my vacation with my 3 kids and husband cleaning and disinfecting the room, we couldn't leave cause there was really nothing else available. With all that said the people were really nice and the pools were clean and the location was good. I will never stay there again and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed July 2012