“Love it!”
Review of The Spoiled Pet

The Spoiled Pet
Ranked #9 of 50 Shopping in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I purchased my first sugar glider here and was more than pleased with the service I got! The owner is always there for me, especially in the beginning with my new baby and any questions I had (which were a lot). I would recommended the spoiled pet to everyone!

Bmills1235, Owner at The Spoiled Pet, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you very much for reviewing our business on trip advisor. We really appreciate the feedback and are extremely happy that you are enjoying your new pet! THANK YOU!

There are newer reviews for The Spoiled Pet

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We get all our toys, food & accessories for our dogs here !!!! Such cool animals also. Staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. I strongly recommend this store !!!! The prices beat competitors by landslide!!! So excited to live just 5 minutes away. Conveniently located on 17 business! !!!!

Bonnie M, Owner at The Spoiled Pet, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you, remember we can always special order any items as well!

Thank you!!!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I found my experience with Rob and The Spoiled Pet to be really fun and interesting. He has everything you could need or want for your pets and the prices are really good. Rob took the time to explain things to me. I found him to be very knowledgeable and caring but not pushy. I got the feeling that these pets are very special to him and he wanted to make sure that they had good homes to go to. He also gave me his phone number in case I had any questions. It was a really wonderful experience and I'm happy that I found this place.

I am glad you feel that way. As always, our first priority is our animal care and quality. We hope to always live up to your high standard!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This pet store located inside Myrtle Beach Indoor Flea Market has something for every pet lover. Check it out

We are continuously trying to stock new items and new animals! Check our facebook page or stop in any time! Thank you!!!!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I walked in there, and immediately gravitated to the reptiles, like I usually do as a reptile enthusiast. I personally have Leopard Geckos, and once I saw theirs I felt terrible for them. They didn't have proper heat and lighting (I understand most stores don't have undertank heaters on due to regulations, but they should not have had a regular fluorescent bulb above them), they were malnourished, given crickets much too large for them to be able to eat, their water dish was full of dead crickets, the substrate was loose but you could barely tell from all the feces and dead crickets covering it. Their tails and limbs were extremely thin and the three of them were completely lifeless. They had a baby albino in a separate tank with the same conditions. I have no idea how they expected it to eat a cricket twice the size of it's head.
While I was there I also saw a Day Gecko with a large injury on it's side, and a Bearded Dragon with what appeared to be a burn on it's back. All the tanks were in just as terrible condition as the Leopard Geckos.
I don't know how they are with their other animals, but they certainly seem to have no idea what they're doing with reptiles. I have never seen any reptiles in any store being taken care of worse than these ones.

Bmills1235, Owner at The Spoiled Pet, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

We always appreciate feedback for our business and would love to have showed you all of these details in person. Please know that the health of our animals is extremely important to us. We have specific reptile lighting on every single one of the cages, 32 different housing units. Some of them have one bulb and others have up to three depending on the enclosure. Each cage has undertank heating. Some have spotlights in addition to that, depending on the animal. The bulbs that are in the enclosures are designed for reptiles, the uvb output in every bulb depends on the size of the enclosure and the type of reptile housed. Please see the attached pictures of the reptiles. Not one of them are or look sick. There is no malnutrition whatsoever. We feed our reptiles an array of fresh greens, mealworms, Dubai Roaches and crickets every day. There are times when the reptiles just don’t feel like eating as much and some crickets may be found in the water. We assure you that the cages are cleaned every day and this is of no health risk to our reptiles. The reptiles are plump and healthy. Where most lizards can drop their tales, Day Geckos have a defense mechanism of dropping their skin. This happened during cleaning and all the scales have grown in already. This is totally normal and does not effect the health of the animal at all. The Bearded Dragon had just started a shed. It was not a burn but a normal process that shows it is healthy and growing. Please know that we are USDA certified and get regular inspections. We have an A rating and we also have an onboard vet. Feel free to check out updated pictures daily at “The Spoiled Pet”, on Facebook.