“Absolutelty Horrible!!”

Shoney's
Ranked #697 of 896 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Way overpriced! I expected more on the buffet than 3 meats, a couple of vegetables & lettuce for $13.98 a person.

There are newer reviews for Shoney's

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Since a child I have always went to Shoney's for breakfast so I figured no disappointments. I was so wrong. First of all we were glad that the place was not busy, hardly anyone was there but we had to wait almost 15 minutes to be seated!! Mind you there is no crowd. Several people came out to apologize but no one could take us to a seat. Then when we were seated we had to wait another 15 minutes. The only reason we finally got served is because another table that was tired of waiting flagged them down. What few people were waiting were ALL complaining about lack of service, the waiters were non existent. Food was just ok. Also there was no place to change my baby so we had to improvise...not pretty.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Shoney's has an undeniably great breakfast buffet, but take your business to the other location further down Kings Hwy. The morning manager at 1806 North Kings hwy at 19th ave is extremely rude to his customers. I overheard him snapping at a female customer in front of her young children because of a mistake HE made on her bill, but I kept going about my business. The food is great for a great value so we came back again later in the week. This time the manager decided to take his frustrations out on me. He does not know how to manage his stress and takes it out on any customer that accidentally steps in his path. He was so rude to us over an error he was making before we were even seated that we left before eating. Luckily we did because we went down to the location at 1206 South and found that customers are treated with respect and the food is just as good.

1  Thank AngBee88
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went there at 4:30 pm on a Friday night. Not many people there , that should have been a clue. Took over 25 minutes to get mariners platter, fish and chips, and hamburger. The manager said the cook was new, Sea food on platter was cold. Hamburger not done. Onion rings half the order over cooked. Salad bar wasn't too great. Potato soup had potatoes that were hard and tasteless. Manager took platter off the bill, but still didn't do anything about my half done hamburger. WARNING DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!

1  Thank BeverlyB57
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The cooks would have to have put it in reverse to be any slower. Server came by three times to apologize
Some food on the bar was probably fresh last Sunday, other food including the hamburger steak that was ordered was burnt.
i ordered one pancake and one strip of bacon, only 1/2 strip was served. The worst about the restaurant was the wait in an empty restaurant.
you need to skip this one.

1  Thank Beachbum7074