“Some nice surprises”

Ranked #123 of 906 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Islands! Jimmy Buffett's famous song comes to life at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Awesome food, cool cocktails, and a tropical atmosphere provide an escape to paradise for all! Perfect for groups, families, and anyone looking for a stop in the Caribbean, while stateside. Although we're known for the best burgers in town, we have mouthwatering entrees like coconut shrimp, sweet and tangy ribs, delicious wraps and much more. Our Tiki Bar serves up cocktails with a distinctive island flair and we offer a wide variety of tasty non-alcoholic beverages, too!
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We admittedly had high hopes. We ordered traditional wings and boneless wings as appetizers (both flavored "buffalo".) The bone in were THE BEST wings we have ever had anywhere!!! They were not saucy but instead had the flavoring in the crunchy coating. They are not the naked sauced up kind of wings. These are LIGHTLY breaded, then flavored.
Now onto the entrees...two in my group ordered burgers. I tasted one and it was very good. I felt it could have been flavored a bit more but it was huge with a nicely toasted bun and tasty overall. I ordered fish tacos (first time.) I opted for grilled fish instead of fried. They come with a "pineapple salsa" on them. The tacos were cold. Even the fish was cold. I sent them back. Second time around, much warmer, happy about that. The dish comes with 3 tacos. Taco number 1 continually disintegrated as I attempted to eat it. There was so much liquid the tortilla could not contain it and the tortilla fell apart. The salsa itself was so sickeningly sweet that it sweetened every ingredient in the taco, including the fish. A few bites was all I could do. I was not satisfied yet so I decided to try dessert. I had key lime pie. This isn't my first rodeo as I've made key lime pie several times. Theirs was so bitter and just had an unpleasant flavor to it. I had to give the place 4 stars because of those wings. I should have just ordered more wings.

1  Thank NannaM114

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I probably shouldn't have expected too much. After all, it's at the beach and named for a Jimmy Buffett song. Still, I saw some decent reviews so I thought I'd give it a try. Honestly, a $10 burger should be much better than this. The service is OK and the atmosphere is fine for 'beach bar' but the food was just average. Next time I need "a big warm bun and a huge hunk of meat" I'll look elsewhere.

1  Thank PrivateIdaheaux
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had Fish Tacos (yea, I know its a burger place but they were delicious). Others in family had burgers and enjoyed them as well. Service and prices were good.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We made sure to leave the house early to beat all of the normal dinner goers. Get all the way there from garden city and get 2 babies out of the car in the pouring rain and the management staff tells us that it would be more than a 1 1/2 hour wait because they were going to be accomadating a party of 70 that just came in. Where they were im still not sure...we didnt see them. No appologies or anything...the staff didn't even know what was going on.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have visited this location before. The wait wasn't as long this time, and the service was friendly. Would definitely return.