“Great Park, Great Beach area!”

Myrtle Beach State Park
Ranked #5 of 119 things to do in Myrtle Beach
Snow Camp, North Carolina, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Park, Great Beach area!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Visited on 6-11-14 for family birthday. Rented picnic shelter #5 across from beach. Well worth the small rental fee. Clean. Plenty of room, good breeze all day, near restrooms. Very clean beach, so much nicer than beach area at our motel. Less noise, we could actually hear ourselves talk. A visit to Myrtle Beach State Park should be on your list of places to go. We will definately go back again. And thanks to staff for being so professional & friendly.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sheila H

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great park”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 days camping at this park. It's got great shade and decently spaced campsites for a state park. We did the online preregistration so check-in was a breeze. Overall, a beautiful park with access right to the beach. Yes, there's an airport near by, but it's not that busy, although, there were a lot of fly overs by the helicopter tours. There are several dining options nearby, though nothing within walking distance. The boardwalk is just a short drive up US17. If you want to avoid all the crowds, this place is for you.

Visited June 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful park to camp at”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

While reading other reviews I saw numerous complaints about camp sites being to close to each other. I greatly disagree, I mean what do you expect an acre to yourself. We stayed at lakewood the previous year and their campsites are on top of each other and there are no trees. At least here there are trees. Also they cleaned the bathhouses daily, and cleaned each site up after the previous campers left. I would reccomend staying here, and you cant beat the price.

1 Thank megan s
Montreal, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Our Family trip since my Childhood”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My family has been camping in this state part every August since I was a child through to now in my thirties. My parents always pick August as most of the kids have gone back to school in the south, so the park is a bit less busy.

We used to drive down every year from Ontario and camp for two weeks. We progressed from tents to a camper and now to an airstream trailer! We found having AC much more enjoyable.

Over the years they have started to upgrade the washrooms and added wifi (slow but does the job). We are not picky and enjoy the 'inperfection' of camping.

The park is close to the beach and filled with beautiful trees. It is also just off the busy part of the strip, so I think you enjoy being close 'enough' but far 'enough' too!

The beach is amazing with beautiful sand and lots of space.

The pier is also one of our faves. I could sit out there for hours and just watch everyone fish. There are always sights to see.

If you have kids you will enjoy the nature activities. Anne, one of the nature centre staff/experts has been at the park most of the years we have gone and we love getting to see her each year.

One thing you will get used to, is the park is near the airport, so you will get used to the sounds and sights of the planes. Not bad at all however.

I hope to bring my future family here one day.
Love this park! Love SC!

Visited August 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“I gladly pay the fee for this beach.”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Beach access near any resort is a nightmare in the high season. I gladly pay the fee to take the family to the Myrtle Beach State Park (usually $16) so that I don't have to deal with the crowds, parking, lack of facilities, and everything else that comes along with other parts of Myrtle Beach. They have great outdoor activities and I have never been crowded on the beach here. As an added bonus, you can camp very close to the ocean and their facilities are decent.

Visited May 2014