“Save your money!”

Myrtle Waves Water Park
Ranked #53 of 117 things to do in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Celebrating 32 years as South Carolina's largest water park with 24 slides and attractions and 1.2 Million gallons of family fun. Relax by the wave pool, rent a private cabana, splash on exciting slides, raft rides or kiddie play areas. Perfect for groups and birthdays, too! Two new rides this season is an extreme water attraction, The Rockin Ray and recently added this summer is Tsunami! The park is open May 20 weekends thru Memorial Day, June 3 thru August 20 and August 26 weekends thru September 4. Check operating hours before visiting on the park website as they vary.
Chapel Hill, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Save your money!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Ok here goes.... I will give you the pros and cons.... Pros first since that list is much shorter...
Pros: price.. $24.99 plus tax per adult and that includes free admission next day. That's all for pros.. Now cons..

Cons: None if the slides had enough tubes

The lazy river.. When I asked a life guard about tubes I was told to get in and walk around until someone gave one up

The food is very over priced

The park is run down

The body slides will scrape your back

To top our trip off... Someone pooped in the wave pool.

Will not go back for our FREE day!

2 Thank Charla D
Myrtle_Waves, Public Relations Manager at Myrtle Waves Water Park, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your experience. We took over the park that originally opened in 1988 just prior to opening this May and working on plans for improvements next year. As safety is our first priority, we have made note of the body slides you mentioned and they are being checked as we speak. We disinfect the pools when a situation you described occurs as well as evacuate them. Waters are retested after 30 minutes to 24 hours based on the severity of the situation. We reopen the attraction when chlorine reaches proper levels to be enjoyed by our guests.

Hiddenite, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good little park”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The lines were big for the tubes.. They need more. The big huge slide was a little too intense, very fast and rough. It darn near scraped the skin off my back. But everything else was fine..

Visited August 2014
SC
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“The teens enjoyed it - long lines and expensive food”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I took 5 thirteen year old girls. They thought it was a better water park than Charleston's largest water park. Food (pizza) was fine- nothing special but edible. I agree the bathrooms need a complete overhaul and probably a fulltime attendant in each. I did see people walking around cleaning up. It is highway robbery to charge 7.99 for an icee in a cheap plastic tube. They would still make a profit if they charged half of that and would have happier parents who did not feel they were being ripped off.

1 Thank mleleanor
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not bad but still had fun”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The lines really are not that bad. They do need more inner tubes but my 2 year old had so much fun. They have 3 water slides for her and she lived them. They have a kiddie pool, kiddie lazy river, the water slides and place for kids to climb on things and get soaked. The wave pool was fun. The thing I didn't like was the bathrooms and The lack of inner tubes. Other than that I really enjoyed myself.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank 0penmind3d
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Just ok”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Not a great value for the cost. More like a ripple pool as opposed to a wave pool. My kids ages 13 and 15 did not have to be dragged home. They told us, that if we wanted to leave, they were ready. Some slides were ok. Not enough rafts on rides and lazy river. Kids waited 45 minutes in line to get raft then another 45 mins to get on slide. Probably better for younger children. Go later in the day when crowds and prices are reduced. If the weather is good, go to the ocean instead!
With the age of my kids I would not return.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank 111Glennl
Myrtle_Waves, Public Relations Manager at Myrtle Waves Water Park, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your experience. Our cost is $5 less than last year at $24.99 and includes the next day free with our compliments. The park has 22 slides and attractions for all ages. We definitely have increased traffic on sunny days so we suggest coming to the park early June, late August and early September which mirrors the Myrtle Beach area seasonality as well. We will share your comments with our team.