“Always great”
Review of Villa Romana

Villa Romana
Ranked #7 of 930 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We always try to eat here while in Myrtle Beach. It is a long way from our condo but worth it. The service is always good, and the food is great. It has gotten a little pricey but nothing crazy. We take the whole family including 6 month old baby and we are always welcomed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,647)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

The bruschetta was bland and yes the previous reviewer was correct the soup was thin and watery. The salad was average if you ignore the dressing. The fettuccine alfredo was the best part of the meal and in my opinion it was average. You get an appetizer, soup and entree but the quanity wasn't worth sacrifice.

1  Thank jonesds
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We hadn't planned to visit but were returning late from golf and getting desperate. It was like a scene from The Sopranos! The service and food were superb - from the complimentary bruschetta, consume and salads to the homemade pasta and gnocchi, all of which were delicious. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere with big groups of families and friends enjoying the food and wine. looking at the location and exterior was completely unexpected and a wonderful surprise. Our only gripe was the AC was on and it was cold.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stumbled upon Villa Romana. It was 8:30 and we were starving. WE were not planning a big meal, but the place grew on us with every touch. First, fantastic Bruschetta. Then delicious hot rolls and warm dipping sauce. I did eat the included soup. The salad was authentic Italian but soaked in vinegary dressing. (Amazingly, though, no Caesar salad available as an option). I agree with an earlier reviewer, the Eggplant Parmesan was one of the best I have ever eaten. We were so full we could not think of dessert.
Mike, the accordionist, deserves his own paragraph. He told us he has been with the restaurant for 30 years. All the locals, and there were many there that night, know and love him. He is very personable and plays a wide range of music. The synthesizer, which he took the time to explain to me, mimics multiple instrument sounds as he plays the accordion. I had never seen it before. He had regulars celebrating their anniversary who love Neil Young, and he played a beautiful rendition of "Harvest Moon" for them. They are returning next week, and he promised he would have "Only love can break your heart" ready for them.
At this point, you might be thinking, is this a music or restaurant review? To me, his special touch is an inextricable part of the experience at Villa Romana. Don't miss it.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

This restaurant was pretty packed for dinner on a Thursday evening but we didn't have to wait. I think all meals come with a piece of bruschetta, soup, salad and bread. My husband had the fettuccini alfredo and I had the cheese ravioli. Both were delicious. The alfredo sauce is the real deal! I stole some of his sauce for my ravioli and it was great! The service here is good. There was also a man playing an accordian and taking requests.