“Outstanding”
Review of Villa Romana

Villa Romana
Ranked #9 of 896 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 10, 2014

You have to find this place if you like Italian while in Myrtle. This was the best meal we had during our stay. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful with our choices. Like all the other reviews say, Quantities, service, and food was excellent!!!
Thumbs up all the way!!!

1  Thank Blacey F
There are newer reviews for Villa Romana

Reviewed May 10, 2014

On the last night of our week in Myrtle, we opted for Italian, but had no idea where to go. Villa Romano had ratings at least as high as anywhere else, so we gave it a shot. As others have said, the outside of the building is unimpressive, even a bit run-down. The decor in the one-room restaurant is very old-school Italian: statues, columns and paintings of Rome. I'm embarrassed to say that I was smirking a bit at this point -- before we tried the food.
In addition to fresh and hot cibiatta rolls with dipping sauce and a delicious house salad, we were served a nice, garlicky bruschetta. Even though Bolognese wasn't on the menu, my wife asked for it and they happily made up a serving. I had the Chicken Fiorentina all' Arancia -- a house specialty created by owner and chef Rinaldo Montrosse -- a chicken/spinach/prosciutto/provolone/pine nut roll served in a creamy orange sauce. If you take my advice and go to Villa Romano, order this -- it might be the best thing I've ever had at an Italian restaurant! Unexpected and mind-blowingly delicious!
One last observation: the restaurant was full by the time we left, many of the tables filled with regulars who were bantering with the serving staff, the accordion player and Fran (Mrs. Montrosse -- who visited our table to welcome us). We felt like we had been let in on a little Myrtle Beach secret and gotten a glimpse of what the locals happily know: Villa Romana is something special, a genuine pearl of the beach.

1  Thank Todd H
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We go here only for special occasions, and the food is fabulous. I love the accordian entertainment, he walks around to each table and plays requests. The scallops are huge and out of this world good. The soup, and bread before the meal is complimentary. One of the best places to eat on the beach. Have never had bad food or bad service here.

2  Thank charlottep430
Reviewed May 3, 2014

While it might not be the best meal we've ever eaten in a restaurant, it is the best we've had in Myrtle Beach. The food was fresh and excellent, and the quantities were ample. Service is also impeccable.
The Veal Osso Buco was delicious and tender, and every aspect of the meal showed a great attention to detail. Not overpowering, but simple, fresh and delicious, from the steaming hot rolls served with Marinara sauce, to the Straciatella and a perfect-sized salad with a homemade dressing of Italian herbs with oil & vinegar.
Do yourself a favour and avoid the many buffets and fried food places and give Villa Romana a try.

2  Thank Peter H
Reviewed April 30, 2014

After spending several vacations in Myrtle Beach and eating mediocre food and at all you can eat buffets, we were referred by a friend to try Villa Romana. My husband comes from Italian heritage - and there is no fooling him with Italian food - his mother a fantastic cook. From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated like royalty. The atmosphere is great - you think you are in Italy with fountains and statues. An accordion player was going around to the tables taking requests for songs.
The waiter first brought us a tray of hot bread and a complimentary soup - delicious. Then - also complimentary, he brought a platter of toasted baguette bread with tomatoes and shaved cheese. I am glad we didn't order appetizers.
I had the Veal Scaloppini and my husband had Veal Parmigiana. Both meals came with salad, vegetables and pasta.
The food was delicious and plentiful. We ended our meal with homemade gelato. I will go here again. I do not recommend this place for children.

1  Thank Brendiesue