“Expected Italian, got a whole lot more!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Romana

Villa Romana
Ranked #4 of 868 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oak Ridge, TN
“Expected Italian, got a whole lot more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Without a doubt this is the best Italian in Myrtle Beach.

I asked the waiter to recommend between Fettuccine Alfredo and Lasagna and he said Fettuccine Alfredo because it was the best he had ever had. Once my meal arrived I agreed 100%. It was fantastic! Perfectly balanced and not to rich.

My husband had the Veal Parm and it was also terrific.

Homemade bread was hearty and served with a slightly spicy marinara sauce. Italian Wedding Soup was great too.

We really enjoyed the accordion player and his interaction with the family nearby. It was fun to learn he came to Myrtle Beach many years ago and traded his music for food. Now, many years later he is still working there. Typically I find entertainment like this cheesy, yet it was perfect here.

The ambiance was like being in Italy - statues, artwork and a fountain in the center.

We plan to visit this restaurant every time we return to Myrtle Beach. Heck - we may even go again tomorrow night.

Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013

West Virginia
“Nice Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We dined at Villa Romano as part of a large group and I found the food and service to be very good. I was a bit disappointed in my Pescatore but not because of the quality of food, only that I discovered I am not the most fond of mixing clams and other seafood in a tomato-based sauce...again, just a bad choice for me and the quality was very good. I didn't hear any complaints from the group and everyone seemed to be satisfied with the meal.

Visited October 2013
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Enjoyed another great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

We have been coming to Villa Romana since the 1980s; have had many dinners and a couple of special event family parties here. Whenever we are in the Myrtle Beach area, which is usually 2 to 3 times a year, we visit our favorite Italian restaurant. Exemplary service, consistently delicious food and reasonable prices. My husband almost always orders their veal parmigiana dinner (excluding the vegetables!) with pasta, the portion is large and delish. My favorite is the canneloni with veal/spinach, I also enjoy many of their other dishes. Your meal starts with bruschetta, then the Italian wedding soup, fresh salad and homemade dressing, plenty of fresh baked rolls with dipping sauce, then your main course. All inclusive! Prices are very reasonable and if you go for the "early bird", you get a 20 percent discount. Can't beat that bargain. We will be back again, and again, and again. I'm sure their desserts are great also, but somehow we've never had room for some.

• Visited November 2013
pa
“Authentic Charm!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Dined here several times food is superb. Love the house salad, soups and the bruschetta appetizer that comes with entree! Definitely, best thing about this restaurant is the food! Atmosphere
And accordion player are just ok. I go strictly for the food! Also it has my favorite Italian Dessert tartufo!

• Visited September 2013
“Like Italy. But Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Great staff. Matches the best in Italy. We took very picky friends who find most places so so or even bad. They loved the food. The meal is multi course. Be prepared to take home some of your left overs. Desert - real Italian Heaven, if you have room. You have to eat here but be prepared to find other establishments lacking after a visit here.