“went for my b-day”
Review of Villa Romana

Villa Romana
Ranked #8 of 898 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 12, 2012

A little expensive and the salad that comes with the meal was the only disappointment. they should add salad dressings beside Italian. The veal marsala was the best I have ever had.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Everytihng is always good service michael at the accordian and the family still this generation good as mom and pop were.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a first class authentic Italian restaurant. It was recommended to me by a friend, and it didn't disappoint. The staff was as Italian as the food, and the restaurant is flawless.
I would recommend it for a special occasion.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I go to Myrtle beach each year during the fall and winter for 3 day weekends.
One time we were driving after having dinner and saw Villa Romana. It was in the middle of the week and it was crowded. We decided the next night we would have dinner there. We are now "hooked"..Now, everytime we go to Myrtle Beach we can't wait to visit Villa Romana and have one of their delicious meals.

I grew up in an Italian family, in an Italian neighborhood in New York, and it reminds me of home. The atmosphere, the food, the music, the people, the service are all wonderful!.. It is always a highlight of our trip. And we truly enjoy the accordian player. Having dinner at Villa Romana is such a delightful experience!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

... But the second time was not nearly as good as the first. My fiance and I took his brother here as a treat recently, and all three of us were disappointed. I should first mention that it was a Friday night and incredibly busy, which might have contributed to our mediocre experience. But all things considered, we expected more.

Although the server was friendly, he was quite slow. It took a while for him to come over to get us water and then another stretch before he returned for our order. That signaled, for me at least, that things were not off to a great start.

Of all three of our dishes, the only thing that was truly good was the rolls. The soup was watery and the salad was average. We had the Spaghetti with Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, and Gnocchi of Potato Alla Romana on the waiter's recommendation. All were so-so. We were really disappointed! We've held Villa Romana in high esteem after our first experience there several years ago. Our impression was that it has gone downhill since then. Honestly, we probably won't go back.

I'll cross my fingers, for the sake of Myrtle Beach cuisine, that our experience was an off-day for the restaurant.

1  Thank Maa-dee91