“Ohhh the crab legs”

Ranked #63 of 906 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A landmark of the Grand Strand, The Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood serves fresh local seafood daily. Our award-winning buffet is world-famous for introducing the Myrtle Beach area to cooking seafood Calabash style, which is lightly battered and deep-fried. If great food and a good time are what you're craving, then you've found the place. So sail on in for the adventures of a true nautical dining experience, and save room for an abundance of sensational food and memories
Reviewed November 25, 2013

we think its the best in town great variety to choose from great staff, not the cheapest way to eat but well worth it in more ways than one ! cant miss it with all the ocean buoys around the building :)

1  Thank Elizabeth R
Write a ReviewReviews (2,273)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Lots of mediocre dishes, almost all were not hot, but barely warm.
The only thing that was very good were the crab legs.
Very high price, 30 bux per person.
Doubt if we will ever be back, plenty of other places to eat.
There was an terribly odor in the parking lot, smelled like food left in the dumpster for days...

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went here a couple of years ago and we were impressed. The food was fresh and hot and plentiful. This last time we went things were dried out or cold. The crab legs were mushy. Sure, it is all you can eat, but if it isn't good who wants it?

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Honestly I was very disappointed in this place. I always go to Crabby Mike's when I go to Myrtle Beach but I decided to try something different. I will not go back to Original Benjamins. Every one said it was one of the best but I beg to differ. It felt grungy and dirty in there. There is a cool kids area but it seemed very dirty. Wasn't too sure abt letting my 2yr old play in it. The food wasn't that great. They didn't even keep the fried oysters stocked on the bar. That's one of the most wanted items apart from Crab Legs. And they didn't have steamed oysters either. I was highly disappointed. Don't go. I'm usually not very critical of places and I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to food. But when I travel 400 miles to the beach, partly to enjoy great seafood, I want to be fully satisfied and get what I pay for.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Took a chance by picking this buffet out of all the options around and was very pleased with the outcome! There were SO MANY options, they constantly replenished the food, and the waiting staff was great. Would recommend to anyone! Check online for coupons too

1  Thank lcleverette