“Please READ my review, this is the B-E-S-T Restaurant in North Myrtle Beach”

The Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood
Ranked #65 of 894 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A landmark of the Grand Strand, The Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood serves fresh local seafood daily. Our award-winning buffet is world-famous for introducing the Myrtle Beach area to cooking seafood Calabash style, which is lightly battered and deep-fried. If great food and a good time are what you're craving, then you've found the place. So sail on in for the adventures of a true nautical dining experience, and save room for an abundance of sensational food and memories
Adairsville, Georgia
“Please READ my review, this is the B-E-S-T Restaurant in North Myrtle Beach”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Let me tell you that this is by far the very BEST Restaurant in all of Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach combined! We have come here 3 to 4 times each year and each trip includes a visit the ORIGINAL Benjamin's in North Myrtle Beach, DO NOT be fooled by the other one that uses almost the same name as this one and they are in between Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach, this on is in North Myrtle Beach and is a little past the Tanger Outlet Mall, it is on the left side of the highway and to the left of the Giant Crab Restaurant. They have quality seafood that is always delicious and they have ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAB LEGS that are out of this world, soooooo GOOD! Do yourself a favor and visit this restaurant and when you do, you will always return each time your are in the Myrtle Beach area. I give only honest and accurate reviews as we travel extensively since we are retired and we love to eat good seafood and good steaks and good BBQ. I will always leave a review to let people know if it is worthy or not and this one gets 5 STARS all the way......

2 Thank John-RVer-from-GA

Dartmouth, Canada
“Salt, Salt and MORE SALT!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you like salt, this is your restaurant! Some restaurants use spices to give their food a great taste, some use salt and some use a combination of the two. This restaurant is definitely heavy on the salt. Salt is cheap and many restaurants use salt as a trick to give normally bland food some flavor. Let's face it, most food is bland to start with so you need to add something to the food to give it some flavor. However, spices are expensive so it's easier to cut costs by cutting spices. After I left this restaurant, I had to drink 2 or 3 large glasses of water to try to wash down the salt (this is no exaggeration). For example, they tell you to take a cup of "butter" from a dispensing machine at the crabs legs station. However, it's not really butter that comes out of the machine - it's clear, salty water with a small amount of yellow stuff floating on top (assumably a tiny blob of butter or butter flavoring). This ruined the crabs legs for me. I would have been willing to pay extra for a cup of real butter if they offered it but no such luck. Apart from this problem, the food quality was great and all other stations had a good variety of food but was overshadowed but the excessive use of salt. I just wouldn't return here again. If they cut 90% of the salt out of their offerings (and given actual butter with the crabs legs), I would have easily given this restaurant a perfect 5/5. Even the desserts were great with a large variety - loved the ice cream!

1 Thank Jeff462
Franklin, Tennessee
“best place in the world”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My family and I go to the beach every year for about 2weeks and during that two weeks we eat here at lest 4 times this is the best place ive ever eaten, now it is expensive but it is so good there hushpuppy's are so sweet. Its all you can eat. The servers are always nice to us.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank John d
Alpharetta, Georgia
“The worst seafood buffet ever!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here with my son and his family during our recent vacation. We had eaten at Benjamin's previously and had always enjoyed the experience. NOT THIS TIME!! Ne warned -- this restaurant has definitely gone downhill !! We were seated in a lower level with a very musty, damp smell. We asked to be seated elsewhere, but were told we'd have to wait. The server acted as if she didn't want to be bothered with us...borderline rude. We had to ask for everything - extra napkins, tea refills, directions. The seafood was terrible - the food on the buffet was lukewarm, at best, and was not fresh at all. The crab legs were skimpy and you to continually wait in line for them. The beef and prime rib were very poor quality. The desserts were nothing most than commercial sheet cakes - nothing homemade or tasty at all. An attendant was standing over the soft serve ice cream machine to make sure only small portions were given out. We were all so very disappointed in our meal. And, on top of everything, this place is NOT cheap! We ended up paying over $160, and vowedthat we would not return. .

• Visited September 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“There Is Better in M.Beach For The Money”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We live here and always go to The Giant Crab, right next door. We let curiousity get the best of us tonite, and tried this place. We always give Giant Crab a 10! This place is maybe a 6. The crab legs were small, and there is NO raw oysters on the half shell. A decent seafood buffet should always include that! Its a favorite for me! The fried oysters were extremely heavily coated in fry, not much oyster, just lots of fry. I guess I am just accustomed to the top quality I get at Giant Crab. I wobt stray away from there again. I would not return here, period. Its not worth $30 + drink + taxes. For what its worth, the service was good.