The Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood
Ranked #136 of 931 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A landmark of the Grand Strand, The Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood serves fresh local seafood daily. Our award-winning buffet is world-famous for introducing the Myrtle Beach area to cooking seafood Calabash style, which is lightly battered and deep-fried. If great food and a good time are what you're craving, then you've found the place. So sail on in for the adventures of a true nautical dining experience, and save room for an abundance of sensational food and memories
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great seafood and service! Well worth the money and time spent. Best to arrive before 6 pm to avoid a wait. Great variety of food for the entire family.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,325)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Has to be the best buffet in Myrtle Beach. Been to others and always disappointed that we did not stick with Original Benjamin's. Servers are great too. Can be crowded during the busy summer months but still worth the wait.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Captain Benjamin's is and has always been great food. We make it a must every time we go. The food is great and plentiful, the wait staff is always pleasant and the price isn't bad. There are two Captain Benjamin's make sure you do not get them confused, the one at N. Myrtle is the best one. Definitely a tradition for us at $29.99 without a coupon.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

From the moment we walked in, we were immediately greeted by our hostess (and captain doorman). Our server (Tripp) was outstanding and even told us all about their hush puppies and how to make our own from home (this being the first time we have ever tasted, let alone seen hush puppies before). When they state "world-famous" they are dead right! We paid about $25/person with out $4 off coupons which are good for each adult buffet but just double-check with your waiter/hostess before you eat. Our family of 4 can proudly and thoroughly admit to the fact that we enjoyed every item we had! From the hush puppies to the crab legs to the key lime shots...everything was spectacular! We will absoultely be coming back on our next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Beware: do not be fooled by the other "benjami's: places as this restaurant is the ONLY Original restaurant and they are not affiliated with any other restaurants/calabash buffets!

Use your coupons whenever possible but well-worth the full price without them!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Why we chose here: because when I called the recording said I had the choice of crab legs or not. Of course there was a price difference. When we arrived and seated was then told there was no choices and one price. I was not happy of the one price and when questioned the phone call I made the little girl simply told me, I must have called the wrong Cpt Bennets cause there were many, but I knew what number I called. Now, all in all the food was great. I even complimented that the banana pudding was as good as my grandmas. I love crab legs but the work sometimes isn't worth it to me. There were many other choices to fill me up. There are less expensive places to eat that are also good. My coupon didn't even make me feel I got a special. Oh, by the way...I in no way ate $30 worth of food!!!!