“Nice place to eat and view the ocean”
Review of Pier 14

Pier 14
Ranked #58 of 893 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
West Virginia
“Nice place to eat and view the ocean”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a nice place to have a burger & drink, relax, and enjoy the view. On the food alone, I would probably only give it a rating of "3" but considering the view (you are on the ocean) and the very friendly, accommodating staff, I bumped them up to a "4". It's also nice to grab a drink and go out on the pier in the afternoon and watch the local fishermen casting their nets into schools of fish.

Visited October 2013

Georgia
“Dining experience”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were in Myrtle Beach for a few days and noticed Pier 14 when we visited the boardwalk. We returned for dinner a couple nights later. Winter in Myrtle Beach is slow. Not many diners, but we got a nice table by the windows overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. But it is dark by about 6:00 so the view wasn't what we hoped for. Might consider lunch for that reason. Service was prompt and friendly. I had crustacean chicken and found it very good. My companion had a beef dish that was also very good.

Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Probably really good in prime time”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Our dinners were ok our waitress was fabulous I wish I remembered her name! She made sure my daughter a United States Marine got the military discount which was so nice! The only problem was things weren't up to par because the restaurant closes in 2 weeks for the winter. Pasta was substituted w out telling us. Etc etc.. That's the only complaint would try again!

Richmond
“Annual Visitor”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

When we visit in the fall we have lunch here at least once. Our previous experiences have been great. We ordered the oyster and shrimp poor boys and were shocked at what we received. In the past and as stated on the menu they come on a sub roll. What we received came on a stale hamburger bun. The oysters and shrimp were heavily breaded and looked as if they had been cooked in old oil. Remove the breading and the oysters were the size of a fingernail and wouldn't have amounted to more than one or two average size oysters. Shrimp were very tiny and neither had any taste. I mentioned our dissatisfaction. I will no longer frequent this place.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Just steps from our hotel”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had Lunch Here I had the Fried Flounder and French Fries whitch was good my wife had beer battered shrimp whitch were like corn dogs not so good , we enjoyed the views and the cold Beer . Next time we will stick with the shark bites .

1 Thank Coastalbld