“We'll be back!”
Review of Carolina Roadhouse

Carolina Roadhouse
Ranked #23 of 876 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Golf Magazine’s choice for “where to eat with your buddies”; here you’ll enjoy “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, giant seafood platters, award winning salads and the outrageous "Killer Dog" – a foot-long hot dog smothered in chili, cheese and fries. This large lively eatery features a wide-open show kitchen and wrap-around bar that is jam-packed with creative cocktails, wines and beer. Located on the Grand Strand’s north side- North Kings Hwy between 38th & 48th Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Everything about our meal here was great. They accept reservations as well as call-ahead seating, so we skipped over the 90-minute wait and were taken to a spacious booth after just 10 minutes at the bar. The service was excellent. It seemed that all staff (regardless of table or section assignments) had been trained to help each other out, and as a result, plates were cleared and drinks refilled promptly.

The food was delicious, and the portions very large. I recommend the baked potato soup, and for my meal, ordered a double order of ribs (only $5 more for twice as much) and a side of the mac and cheese--both perfect. My husband was very happy with the prime rib. We both took home leftovers!

Though the menu offers Carolina basics, the atmosphere was much nicer than I'd expected with dim lighting and vaulted wood ceilings.

This will definitely be a stop each time we return to Myrtle Beach.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Must eat at restaurant when in Myrtle Beach”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We found this place by accident one trip to Myrtle Beach and now it is a must eat at location every time we are in town. Food and service are always excellent; the croissants are heavenly! There is generally a wait, so call ahead.

Feasterville, Pennsylvania
“Waitress needs some work on interaction”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went. We called ahead and when we got there, there was a huge line but we got in within 10 mins. The drinks at the bar had some good drinks! The waitress was nice however all she said was everything was good( which I don't agree 100%). We could barely hear her and asked to speak up. I drink a lot of water and she only came back once for a refill. The house dressing was amazing. I loved it. My wife didn't care for it though. The croissant was light an flaky like at home. The calamari was so thick on the breading so I could only really taste the fried bread not the squid. For dinner I got the strip and it was alright nothing to brag about and my wife's prime rib was good. Get the Mac n cheese if u love white cheddar. This was good and thick. However while we were there I had a few couples ask me where to eat bc they were not impressed.

Wv
“Food, service, top notch”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I cannot believe this restaurant is only ranked #27 on this site! We chose to sit at the bar to wait for a table but after getting our appetizer there we decided to enjoy our complete meal at the bar. Lori was our server/bar tender and she was friendly, very fast and efficient at her job. She recommended the chili cheese fries and they were excellent and a huge portion. My husband ordered medium rare ribeye and I ordered well done sirloin and they were both cooked to perfection. the house salads were delicious, as were the croissants served with our meal. The mac-n-cheese is to die for. One of the best meals we have had in our 20+ trips to Myrtle Beach and we can't figure out why we never ate here before. it will now be a place we go every year!

Pittsburgh
“Will Definitely Return! ”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We finally made it to this restaurant after many attempts in prior years. The wait was always so long that we would leave and go somewhere else. We were smart this year and used the call ahead seating. Any wait would have been well worth it though! The food was awesome and the service was prompt and pleasant. My son got a WHOLE roasted chicken with sides for $14.95 and he said it was the beat he ever had. He split it with my mom and they both had more than enough. I had ribs and they fell off the bone. Great experience!