“First Rate Roadhouse”

Carolina Roadhouse
Ranked #26 of 903 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Golf Magazine’s choice for “where to eat with your buddies”; here you’ll enjoy “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, giant seafood platters, award winning salads and the outrageous "Killer Dog" – a foot-long hot dog smothered in chili, cheese and fries. This large lively eatery features a wide-open show kitchen and wrap-around bar that is jam-packed with creative cocktails, wines and beer. Located on the Grand Strand’s north side- North Kings Hwy between 38th & 48th Ave.
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Boy, they had to ask if this was one of the best meals you've ever had in a restaurant. I can't quite go with that, but very close, certainly excellent. I had top notch ribs, my wife a huge and impressive "po boy" with shrimp and oysters. We enjoyed both and particularly enjoyed that such a good meal with equally good service. Hot towels and lemons brought to the table to clean up after the ribs. Will be back every time we visit Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

So my husband and I frequent Myrtle Beach about 6 times a year. I have visited this location once before about 7 years ago and tried a few months ago to again visit. After being told of 1 1/2 hour wait we decided to leave and now this weekend we were able to get right in. After being seated we both promptly broke out our cell phones because the establishemnt was so dark we couldnt read the menus. Obviously we are not the only ones who have this concern as our waitress whipped out a flashlight to asisst us and said yeah that happens alot. My husband being from LA excitedly ordered a shrimp and oyster Po'Boy. Upon its arrival the waitress asked what else she could get us and my husband replied yes the other half of my sandwhich. To which the waitress laughed like a hyena at us and said no really? My husband had a 6 inch sandwich and the rest of the pkate was a mound of fries as a filler. She alerted the manager who then came over and basically stated that is our portion size a 6 inch Po' Boy and then my husband said why are there so many fries on my plate- what is the portion of that? No response, apology or offering was made he simply said enjoy your meal and walked way. Being a customer service manager for over 23 years led me to the bottom line of this establishement- we dont care about you or your experience. Eat your food or not I dont care obviously we have more customers willing to pay for this poor meal and poor dining exerpeince so please leave so we can get another table filled. I highly recommended that you do not visit anything labled California Dreaming or Carolina Roadhouse ever again- stay away from these chains) unless dining is a medocricy experience for you

CA_Centraarchy, Guest Relations Manager at Carolina Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Hi,
Your opinion is appreciated. The Fresh hand battered shrimp and oysters are stuffed in 6 in specially baked Po'boy roll! We hope you enjoyed the flavor of NOLA!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Every time I come to Myrtle Beach, the Carolina Roadhouse is one of the places I love to go. I love the Prime Rib and salad. I highly recommend this restaurant!!!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The service was great and so was the food. Our drinks stayed filled. My husband and I both ordered chicken and it was wonderful. The garlic mashed potatoes were really good.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Every time I come down to myrtle beach I always come here. I always have great food and great services.. I do no remember my servers name but she was very nice. I always tell people they should come here to eat.. By far best place to eat. I also would love to work here.