“It's not often I give a five start "excellent" rating, but this deserves it!”
Review of Carolina Roadhouse

Carolina Roadhouse
Ranked #23 of 876 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Golf Magazine’s choice for “where to eat with your buddies”; here you’ll enjoy “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, giant seafood platters, award winning salads and the outrageous "Killer Dog" – a foot-long hot dog smothered in chili, cheese and fries. This large lively eatery features a wide-open show kitchen and wrap-around bar that is jam-packed with creative cocktails, wines and beer. Located on the Grand Strand’s north side- North Kings Hwy between 38th & 48th Ave.
Plant City, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,598 helpful votes
“It's not often I give a five start "excellent" rating, but this deserves it!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family and I have been coming to Myrtle Beach since the late 1980's. We have been to many, many restaurants here. About 18 years ago, my dad overheard a gentleman in the elevator of our hotel speaking with someone else that this was the best restaurant he has ever been to. We tried it that week, and have gone back every year, sometimes several times in the same week.

Last night, my wife and I chose to dine here for our 9th wedding anniversary. Knowing this place can get crowded, we arrived around 4:45PM. The dining room was probably only half full, but filled up within 20 minutes.

Aside from the excellent food and service we have always received, we enjoy the intimate tables. Despite it's large, high ceiling, open room with an open kitchen, there are 35 booths in this restaurant. All but 8 of these can seat 4 people comfortably, or 6 if you squeeze. The remaining 8 are located in the corners and can seat 6 or more. For families like us with 10 people (we dined here earlier in the week too) a small section of tables can be put together to accommodate up to 20 people. Beware, however, that if this applies to you, if these tables already have large parties, you may want to opt to be split up between two or more booths or the wait time could be significant. Be sure to take advantage of their call-ahead seating.

Upon our immediate seating, my wife and I were promptly greeted by our server, Justin. He took our drink orders, served them quickly. Upon asking for a few extra minutes to look at the menu, my wife ordered the American Burger with a side Caesar salad. I opted for the 18 ounce prime rib. Our server suggested for an extra $3 I could have the 22 ounce. Not seeing it on the menu, I found out it was on a 2 week special. I went ahead and got the larger cut.

In addition to the great regular courses this establishment has, their house salad is the best I've had. Served with greens, eggs, chopped almonds, tomatoes (yuck, gotta leave those out), bacon and ham, it is to die for! Ask for their house dressing with a honey mustard and hot bacon combination! As soon as we finished our salads, our main courses arrived.

At over half a pound (10 ounces), the burgers here are thick and well portioned with steak fries. My prime rib was a very thick cut, well marbled, but with plenty of lean meat cooked to perfection (medium well). Service was very attentive and our drinks never got less than half full. We typically do not order dessert, but decided to split a slice of key lime pie being that it was a special night for us. It was delicious, though expensive.

Upon receiving our check, I was slightly disappointed that my prime rib was an extra $5, not $3, though I was not going to let it ruin my experience. Adding a Caesar salad was $3.95. The key lime pie was $6.50. Adding cheese to the hamburger was 50 cents. Other prices are published on the menu which can be found on their website.

If you plan on visiting one of their sister restaurants, Burro Loco, a Mexican place, save your receipt as it is valid for a free fried ice cream with the purchase of 2 entrees.

Before leaving, stand just outside the restrooms and watch all the chefs and servers through the side of the open kitchen. It is something to see!

With great food, top notch service, and a great atmosphere, we can't wait to go back again next year!

Thank you for taking the time to read my review. If you found it helpful, please let me know by clicking the button below. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks again.

4 Thank bluecookies

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Quality at a fair price”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Excellent comfort food at good prices. Double rack of ribs for $25.00 is big enough to share making it a great value. Onion Ring Appetizer was awesome! Service was good too.

Visited August 2013
Illinois
“Great Barbecue!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have been here twice - 2 years apart - very saisfied. Food fantastic both times and great service! Barbecue great but no matter what we were satisfied with all the menu items we ordered. Large portions!

Visited August 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Good good and service keeps them coming back”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had tried this place last year and enjoyed it and so we decided to try it again. This place is hopping and it is always very crowded. The fried oysters I had and the fried shrimp that my wife had were outstanding. The oysters tasted very fresh and they were piled high on my plate. Almost too much to eat and at a great price too.....17.99. There is no question what keeps people packing this place. Very good and attentive service too. Sometimes the waits are as much as 90 minutes, so get there early. We will be back next year.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite place to eat at the beach!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Great food! Love the chef salad and house dressing along with the homemade croissants drizzled in honey!