Roxanne Towers
$139
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$64
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
$80
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
Official Site
  • Pool
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$69
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$46
The Caravelle Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$86
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
$70
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$83
$64
All reviewswasher and dryerlazy riverfront deskfull kitchenwithin walking distanceone bedroom suiteacross the streethot tubgreat place to staypool areahousekeeping staffdish soapbeach towelssofa bedfull sizeliving areafamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We love the Roxanne. We stayed again Aug. 18-23. 2013. Everything was clean, reasonably priced and staff was helpful. We had a problem with the AC breaking in our room on our first night. The young man who came up graciously offered to move us to another room or get someone out that night to fix it. It was very late and we were tired from traveling so we elected to tough it out for that night. It was fixed the next morning very promptly. I think this is a great, quiet place for families. My only suggestions would be for the property to extend the pool hours (it closes at 10pm) and to have a restroom near the pool. I hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jozie1
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've stayed at Roxanne Towers several times during bike week and recently with family. Always clean and quiet. One thing I love about here is you don't hear a lot of noise. Normally you hear people in the halls, shutting doors, road traffic. The rooms are always clean and the staff helpful in any way. All rooms are oceanfront. I love the fact they have a washer/dryer. The kitchen includes refrigerator with ice maker. Stove/microwave, double sink with garbage disposal. Dishwasher. Toaster, coffee maker, Dishes, cups, silverware, utensils, cookware plates in rooms. Love the large selection of pools...lap pool, hot tub under the hotel and outside pool, kiddie pool and lazy river. Our last stay with our family a 1 BR unit slept 6 of us comfortably using the sofa and murphy bed. Several spaces for parking and overflow parking across the street. It's a nice gesture during bike week they rope off the area underneath for bikes. On our last visit our keys stopped working, something happened to the key unit itself. When the repairman heard me explaining the situation at the front desk he went with me to started work on it immediately,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank supernanax4heros
Reviewed August 1, 2013

What can I say? Clean rooms, perfect location, great staff, close walk to a variety of stores (including food) and restaurants. Had minor problem with room, fixed immediately. Will definitely choose this location first next time I'm in Myrtle.

Room Tip: Higher floor, better view of the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack H
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Clean grounds, with ample parking, no wait elevators. Walking distance to downtown attractions. Piggly Wiggly, Starbucks and Broadway on the Beach all close by The'New' Banditos Cantina just down the street. Secure safe resort.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Geedubb W
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I recently got to spend a 3 day weekend at Myrtle Beach with one of my sisters and my 15 year old niece and 17 year old nephew. We stayed at the Roxanne Towers on North Ocean Boulevard, which is an excellent location. All rooms are oceanfront and it's just a couple of blocks from the boardwalk.

There is a limited amount of parking in front of the hotel and a few tight spaces underneath, next to the pool area. Additional parking is in the lot directly across the street, which I did have to use one night, but that was no problem. The check in process was friendly and efficient. They didn't mind giving us 4 key cards, and they also gave us 4 wristbands to wear (or at least keep with you) in the pool area. They have luggage carts to help you haul your gear, and two elevators to serve about 70 rooms. (The only day we had to wait for an elevator was Sunday morning, when lots of other people were checking out too, but that's to be expected.)

We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo. One BR had 2 queen beds, one BR had a king bed and it's own bathroom, and the living room had a sleeper sofa, upholstered chair, end table and coffee table. We had been told that it would have a Murphy bed that pulled down from the wall too. It didn't, but we had enough beds without that. (The units are apparently independently owned, so there are some small differences between units.) The hall bathroom had another door to the 2nd bedroom, making it easier to share. The master bedroom closet had a safe for securing valuables, but we never felt the need to use it.

There was a full kitchen with range, fridge/freezer with ice maker, microwave, double sink, dishwasher and a nice assortment of dishes, utensils, and some cookware. There was a toaster and coffee maker on the counter. (No coffee packets or filters were included, but there was a coffee pot in the small hotel lobby with free coffee and "to go" cups each morning.)

Our unit had a round table and 4 chairs in the living room at which we sat and ate at a few times, so we did use some of the supplied dishes and utensils. They provide you with 3 packets of dishwasher soap. There's a washer and dryer in each unit too. They don't supply the soap for the washer and we hadn't brought any, but we found the dryer very helpful for drying beach towels and swimsuits!

Both bedrooms and the LR had flat screen TVs and cable. When we checked in, the desk clerk gave us a brief tutorial about the remote control, but we never even turned on the TVs. They do offer free wifi, which worked great in the living room and master BR, but was just a bit spotty in the 2nd BR. You can find the user name and password in the ring binder located in the LR.

The LR had a 3 drawer chest which had the sleeper sofa's linens and pillows inside. My nephew found the sleeper sofa more comfortable to sleep on as a sofa than pulled out as a bed, but it wasn't long enough for a taller person to have stretched out that way. There was a closet in the hall with ample space for hanging clothes and suitcases. Each bedroom also had a good sized closet and a chest of drawers, plus a luggage rack in each, which I always appreciate.

The bathrooms looked nice and clean and the tub/shower units looked brand new. Both had a hair dryer on the wall. The shower had excellent water pressure. The bathrooms come stocked with small bottles of conditioning shampoo, body lotion, and small bars of soap. The towel supply was good for 4 people and the towels weren't huge but they were soft and absorbent. Look under the sink to find the trash can and extra toilet paper.

Our room, 401, was on the end. Not only did the king BR and the LR share the good sized OF balcony, the 2nd bedroom had a good sized window with a good view of the ocean too. The balcony was big enough for 4 chairs and a small table. In addition to the beautiful unobstructed ocean view, it overlooked the pool and lazy river, Pier 14 nearby, and you could even see the blinking lights of the Sky Wheel from the balcony too.

The housekeeping staff were friendly and did a good job. As a matter of fact, all the staff we encountered were quite friendly and helpful, and I called on them for several requests in our short stay. The first night there, we arrived at almost 9 pm and by the time we unloaded and settled in, my crew was hungry but too tired to go out. The desk clerks gave us menus for 3 different pizza delivery options and told us they like Ultimate California Pizza the best. It was a solid recommendation, because we got a deal on 2 large cheese for $20. On one we paid to add portobello mushrooms, and the pizza arrived promptly and tasted great. Later that night when my nephew had a painful earache, the desk clerk on duty looked up the address of the 24 hour Walmart for me, and the next morning gave me directions to the closest CVS with a Minute Clinic inside, where my nephew was able to see a nurse practitioner and get some antibiotic drops for his ear. Saturday night when my niece built a sandcastle until it was too dark to find her flip flops on the beach, the desk clerk loaned me a flashlight so I could go out and look for them. They also gave us good recommendations on nearby restaurants for breakfast and dinner. Perhaps most impressive of all, after we had checked out and were getting ready to pull out of our parking place, our housekeeper came all the way down from the 4th floor to return to us the cell phone charger we had left plugged into the wall. The Roxanne staff gets an A+ from me on customer service!

The hotel has a jetted hot tub, an outdoor pool and lazy river, and also a lap pool that's covered but apparently not heated in the summer. My nephew couldn't swim because of his ear infection, but my niece enjoyed the outdoor pool and lazy river. She found the indoor pool too cold, but the outdoor pool was never too crowded, even though the hotel seemed to be fully booked, so that was no big deal. Beach access is easy, just walk right through the pool area, and the hotel provides a shower to rinse off the sand when you return from the beach. There's a lifeguard on duty at the beach from about 8:30 to 4:30, and you can rent an umbrella with 2 chairs if you don't feel like lugging your own. The price has gone up from when I was last in Myrtle Beach: $35 per day.

There's no restaurant or snack bar on the hotel premises, but they do have vending machines with snacks and bottled drinks. It also looked like the front desk had a few toiletry items you could buy if you forgot anything, and just a few doors north of the hotel is a small beach wares/convenience store. There are several restaurants in easy walking distance of the Roxanne and the desk staff gave us some good recommendations. Since traffic was so heavy while we were there and crowds were big at the restaurants on King's highway, we chose to eat at the restaurants near the hotel hoping to avoid the traffic and lines. this strategy limited our choices somewhat, but I had read positive Tripadvsor reviews for a couple of them and it worked well for us. We ate at Pier 14 one evening, the Italian restaurant Sole's another evening, and had lunch at The Patio one day. All were good and I will post separate reviews of them.

The only negative aspect of our visit was one I didn't even see. My sister found a roach in the toilet in the master bathroom. She flushed it away and decided not to mention it to the hotel unless we saw any others, because she has allergies and asthma that would have been triggered if they sent someone in with bug spray while she was staying there. We saw no other evidence of any bugs at all for the rest of the stay, and this was really only a small detail in an otherwise positive hotel experience. I would cheerfully stay at the Roxanne Towers again.

Room Tip: Our 2 bedroom 2 bath unit was on the north end and even the 2nd bedroom has a window with an ocean view. 4th floor was high enough to have a great view from the balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank TarHeelLady
Roxjam, Manager at Roxanne Towers, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time. I remember your family and the ear ache. Somehow confusion about the Murphy wall bed; The one-bedroom units have the wall bed and sleeper sofa. The two-bedroom units do not have a wall bed. They do have a sleeper sofa in the living room. All units are basically the same. Even though there are individual owners, differences are usually some added decorative elements. We do have a problem in all of the south coastal areas which is a large bug which we call the Palmetto bug. They are notorious for coming in off balconies occasionally. We do have monthly preventive pest treatment service inside units, balconies, and the exterior lots. I am sorry you did encounter one. Hope to see you again, The Roxanne Towers