“Forth stay at Roxanne Towers”
Review of Roxanne Towers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Roxanne Towers
Ranked #24 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Dobson, North Carolina
“Forth stay at Roxanne Towers”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at bike rally from 5/12/13-5/18/13. Great stay once again. Rooms very clean and fully equipped. Nice oceanfront location. Great maid service. Always done a good job cleaning and always friendly. Hope to stay again next spring for the rally but would love to sneak down for a few days at Christmas.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank LeeCoe72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had an enjoyable stay at the Roxanne Towers again this year. The staff was very friendly and were very attentive. Our housekeeping staff were very courteous and spoke to us at every passing. It was a little cool on our weekend there, but we still used the jacuzzi and indoor pool a few times. Everything was pretty clean and in order for the most part. We will stay here again next year I'm sure.

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank TonyBrown27203
Georgia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very pleased with my stay at Roxanne Towers. Very nice staff and plenty of parking although
the on-premises parking is limited to a few spaces,but there is adequate parking directly
across the street in a lot they own. The area is very nice and the Myrtle Bch PD is highly visible.
The Towers are only 4-5 blocks (walking distance) up Ocean Blvd from the attractions.
& just a block or 2 from the main drag of Kings Hwy whereyou can find eateries. We stayed in a one bedroom king suite and all suites are oceanfront with incredible views and are in very clean and well kept condition.Definitely would stay here again when I return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GeorgiaNightryder
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We returned to the Roxanne this spring after our inaugural sojourn there last year. This time around we stayed on the 3rd floor in a privately owned condo. Another good week in a great location for a bargain price. The Roxanne is clean, central and friendly, and all units have an unobstructed ocean view. Can't recommend this property highly enough. If we ever return to Myrtle, the Roxy will be on our itinerary.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank iwmclean
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading reviews and comparing prices we decided to stay at the Roxanne and got a 1 bedroom suite. The front desk people were extremely friendly upon our arrival.For the price it was very nice. It had a kitchen and a living room with a dining table that folded down into a second bed from the wall which was great because I was with a friend and we like our privacy - so I took the bedroom. The couch had another fold out bed that we didn't use. We liked it so much that we decided to come back that weekend to stay there again after a night in Charleston. When we left they promised me a 10% discount since we were coming back, which was extremely nice.
Upon returning there were two younger guys at the front desk because it was in the evening. The one with long hair refused to give me the discount unless I had an AARP card or AAA card. I don't know how to explain it except to say that he was politely RUDE. HE kept repeating he couldn't give me the discount with no reason. So I explained why but he just kept repeating it... The other young guy was helpful though and discounted one of the two nights. As he was helping us the phone rang and the first guy with the long hair answered the phone and was "politely" rude to the person who called as well! Just being short and smug with people! Some people are just miserable human beings I guess. It angered me - especially because I'm one who believes in respect for their elders but I remained calm. But one day someone's gonna let him have it.
When we left, the guy that promised me the discount was there again. He said he couldn't refund my money, but would remember me if I returned if I came back but that won't be any time soon since it was a 15 hr drive from Upstate NY - so I'm not keeping my fingers crossed. He was very nice though. A really friendly and helpful guy.
Our first room had 2 flat screen tv's. The second one, which was right next to the first one, had the old kind. So ask for them specifically....
All in all I recommend this hotel highly. Just don't check in at night when the long-haired kid is there.

Room Tip: Ask for flat screen tv's and don't check in at night. Get there before the day people leave...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ben C
Roxjam, Manager at Roxanne Towers, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
First let me say that discounts are like coupons, you must show a coupon to get the discounted rate.
Our policy for discounts is, you must show your AAA, AARP or Military card at check in to get the 10% discount. The clerks at night were doing their job and from what I have seen on the cameras were not rude. It seems the way you interacted with the front desk clerks was not appropriate. I have had many compliments on the young men who you were talking about and they get the highest praises for the way they handle check -ins and are glad to give discounts when they have the proper documentation.
Pinetown, North Carolina
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stay hear everytime we go to Myrtle beach. We get the 2br condos. Great price. A real hidden gem. This is why i havent reviewed before. :-) They are always clean and comfortable. The best asset to Roxanne Towers is the staff. They are great!!! Hotel is safe and secure. Hotel is short distance to the shops on the strip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pinetown6
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Overall we were pleased with our stay. We had a one bedroom condo for the two of us and it was very spacious. As others have mentioned it was clean, perhaps a little tired, but everything was in good condition. The view was amazing, and the location was perfect..close to everything we wanted to see and do. The only negative things would be we found the beds hard and uncomfortable, the bedding needs to be better quality and the bath towels were stained. We went out and bought bath towels, not a big deal. The walls were a little thin. We heard the neighbours packing up at 6:00 am Sunday morning slamming cupboard doors for over an hour. The rest of the week, our neighbours were quiet and respectful. Housekeeping came in daily to change towels, make beds and empty garbage only. No complaints there.

It was excellent value and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We choose a higher floor for the view and less noise from the pool below.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple