“We hated this place.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Croissants Bistro and Bakery

Croissants Bistro and Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
Croissants Bistro and Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 868 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 38th Ave North
Description: Croissants Bistro & Bakery has made a commitment to utilize the freshest local ingredients possible by forming relationships with local growers and local fishermen.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“We hated this place.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

So many commercials, we decided to give it a try. I ordered the scallops. My husband ordered the "famous" shrimp & grits.

I thought putting a tablespoon of hummus & some rolls on the table was chincy. Took 1 bite & got plastic in my mouth. I told our waiter, who apologized & brought us a new one. Things happen, so I dismissed this problem. BUT... then our food came.

The grits were served drenched on BBQ sauce. OMG, really?! So sweet, it was disgusting & ruined the taste of the shrimp & grits. My scallops were raw & way too sweet. The boss saw my face & came right over. He insisted on taking my food back to cook more. I sat there till my hubby was almost finished & then they brought me a new plate with the scallops just as raw.

The staff was mindful, but it became annoying how often they (2 waiters & the boss) asked if we were ok.

They did take my dinner off the check & gave us free desert (which was not very good). I found it amazing that the food was too sweet & undercooked & the deserts were not sweet at all & overcooked.

You'll never find me in this place again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Marilyn N
091361, Manager at Croissants Bistro and Bakery, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We deeply regret the experience you had at our restaurant. Though our staff made numerous attempts to reconcile the issue, we also understand that everyone's palate is not compatible with the flavors featured in our cuisine.

“Excellent food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Croissants has a very cozy and comfortable atmosphere with a personable, friendly, and knowledgeable staff. We had a party of 4. We had the ribeye steak, shrimp and grits (2), and bistro chicken. All these dishes were cooked to perfection and all had perfection. We come from New York city, a city known for its food and we were all more than satisfied. That says a lot about the restaurant and food. Would eat at again, definitely.

Groesbeck, Texas
“Loved this Bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I were in Myrtle Beach for the first time and stopped in the local post office to mail a postcard. I asked the local postmaster for a breakfast recommendation and he suggested Croissants Bistro & Bakery. Well, we are always looking for little treasures like this and it did not dissapoint. My husband dearly loves a good omelet and says this is one of the best ever! The atmosphere was delightful and are just dissapointed we weren't going to be in town long enough to go back for dinner! Thank you postmaster.
G. Eakins
Texas

• Visited July 2013
New Jersey
“Absolutely Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

My family and I ate at Croissants tonight and it was just incredible. The atmosphere is quaint and beautiful. The service is attentive, yet not all overbearing. And then there's the food.. Oh boy the food. The manager came over to welcome us to the restaurant and suggested two appetizers: the bacon wrapped sweet potato steak fries (you heard me right) and the bordin balls (rice and sausage fried in a ball).. We went with the sweet potatoes and they.. were.. insane. I thanked the manager for his suggestion and he said that we have to try the bordin balls next time. He also mentioned that he was a big time foodie and I told him that I was too. Next thing we knew, he brought us out one to try before dinner! And man was it fantastic! On to dinner.. I get the pan-seared scallops (incredible). My aunt and dad went with the grouper (incredible). My Uncle got the Steak Frites (REALLY incredible). And my mom got the crab cakes (huge and.. You guessed it.. Incredible.). We also got some fantastic desserts! If you're in North Myrtle Beach, go give this hidden gem a try. I promise you will have a wonderful time!!

Visited August 2013
Boiling Springs, North Carolina, United States
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a quick getaway to Myrtle Beach just before we had to be back teaching. Found Croissants Bistro and Bakery advertised on the channel at our hotel and decided to take a chance on it. Boy, was it a great find. It's a quaint restaurant, the food was top notch and the waiters and manager were fantastic. We shared the shrimp and grits - perhaps the best version we've ever had. The desserts are heavenly. Strongly recommend this for any meal!