“Their mistake but I paid for it.”

Croissants Bistro and Bakery
Ranked #21 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 38th Ave North
Description: Croissants Bistro & Bakery has made a commitment to utilize the freshest local ingredients possible by forming relationships with local growers and local fishermen. Visit our website to make reservations.
Chesterfield, va
“Their mistake but I paid for it.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I live out of town so when we decided to plan my sisters baby shower in her home town of myrtle beach we looked to croissants for the cupcakes. I ordered custom cupcakes months in advance. I was told I would receive an email shortly after placing my order, which i never received. Days before the event I called to confirm the pickup time and everything was a go. The morning of the shower I arrive at croissants and they "lost" the order. The manager hid in the kitchen "looking" for the order while the hostess was left to try to remedy the situation. After quite some time they decided they could make the cupcakes and have them delivered, after the shower started of course. Because I was from out of town and had only 1 hour before the shower started I was left with little choice. The worst part....no apology from the manager and were given a bill fir full price. I will not do business with croissants and I recommend staying away for cake orders of any sort.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Sarah M

“overpriced”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very over priced for the size of the portions. Food is good but very expensive. Take out bakery prices are through the roof

• Visited December 2012
Dinwiddie, Virginia, United States
“Will not revisit!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Ordered cupcakes for a special event six weeks prior too, called to confirm the week prior too, showed up the day of the event to pick up the cupcakes and they had not been made! They acknowledged they had spoken to us to confirm the order the week prior, but still....no cupcakes! They did rush to make and deliver the order during our event. Even though the cupcakes tasted ok, we paid even more than the quote we were originally given...guess we had to pay for them to make and deliver the order they screwed up! Sorry for you we will share our story and hope you will continue to loose business. My advice to the cowardly manager is next time please just apologize and do the right thing.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank Susie M
091361, Manager at Croissants Bistro and Bakery, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
We are extremely sorry for the misunderstanding regarding your cupcakes. We, unfortunately, did not have any record of any online order for your mad hatter cupcakes. An order this elaborate would have required a call from our pastry chef to confirm the extent of the design you were anticipating on the cupcakes. When you came to pick up the order we all worked together to come up with a design that would suit your event, and delivered them to your venue which is approximately 15 miles away in less than an hour. It is not our business practice to lose orders, and we regret the inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact me personally at 843-448-2253 to discuss how you think we may have handled this in a more appropriate manner.
Virginia
“Good but pricey!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We are in the area 4-5 times a year and love to try new restaurants while visiting our favorite local establishments, on this trip we decided to try Crossiants Bistro after seeing the billboard and reading reviews - although it is off the beaten path sort of, Grissom Parkway is not a road we take often but did this day.....lucked into a table at lunch time, quite a large holiday crowd considering the place is pretty small and tables are VERY close together. Grouper sandwich for me, good but not over the top, barbeque sandwich for my daugher - very average, chicken salad crossiant for my husband - WAY too much mayo, ran down his hands. Side dish of potato casserole YUMMY, I could have made a meal on that alone. $55+ for lunch for three, we opted out of dessert but we will be back for some sweets, they all looked wonderful. Service was good and not too pretentious which is what we expected upon entering...I think we may have ordered the wrong dishes, all the other food coming out of the kitchen looked wonderful.

• Visited December 2012
“Excellent pastry”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I normally do not review breakfast/pastry food but this place was one of the best I have been to since being in France. The key lime pie was great. Pastries were fresh! Young people that worked there were the friendliest.

Visited December 2012