“Slow, but good”

Sea Captain's House
Ranked #35 of 876 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Alcoa, Tennessee, Usa
“Slow, but good”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I saw an ad for this place on our hotel website where the chef was making an awesome surf and turf with risotto. Well they didnt have it on the menu or would the make it. We ordered something else and waited a good 45 min to an hour for it to come. The place was not that busy and had a lot of empty tables at the time we were there. Our waiter didn't refill our glasses nor did he bring us more hushpuppies until we requested it later. When the food did arrive, it was terrific! Uncomparable! wonderful. I cannot say enough about the taste. It was done to perfection. However the wait put a damper on the evening. The restraunt is nothing fancy, but looks like a house with additions and porches to become a restraunt. I will go back when on vacation next year and see if the service is better.

• Visited August 2014
Anna B, Manager at Sea Captain's House, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you for dining with us at the Sea Captain's House. I want to sincerely apologize for the less than desirable service provided to your party. We pride ourselves on our customer hospitality and the fact that you did not feel taken care of is unacceptable. This matter has already been addressed with our staff. On a more positive note, I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your meal. I do hope very much that you will be back in the future! You will be most welcome!

Holly Springs, North Carolina
“A Little Lacking”
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

The food for us was just ok. We should have heeded the warning that we overheard a serving giving another table when she said the crab cakes that they are famous for we're not good. Not to mention that the hostess stand lacs personality and customer service. Our waiter was the bright spot of our visit he was awesome I think his name was Michael. Trust me when I say there are other places in Myrtle Beach that you can find great steak and great seafood. Not to mention with a more welcoming staff.

Anna B, Manager at Sea Captain's House, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at the Sea Captain's House. I want to assure you that quality customer service is of the utmost importance to the SCH team. It is absolutely unacceptable in our eyes that you did not receive that treatment by some of our staff. This matter will certainly be addressed. I also wanted to let you know that anytime you are dining with us, and don't care for an item, we are glad to either recook or replace it with another menu option. We want you to be happy with your dining experience and will do whatever we can to ensure that occurs. Again, I sincerely apologize and I hope you will give us another try in the future. You will always be welcome!

Hartsville, South Carolina
“Great place for lunch, must go back for dinner”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

My wife, her friend and myself stopped here for lunch recently and it was a very pleasant surprise. First off it has a great view of the ocean from the lower eating level. The specials selection was great. I had a crab meat quiche that was very good. My wife and her friend had salads that they raved about. We also enjoyed a couple glasses of wine that were good, but not great. I would recommend this place as a fairly priced restaurant to have a pleasant meal at.

• Visited August 2014
Thank you very much for dining with us at the Sea Captain's House! I was extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your lunch experience! Dinner is also delicious and definitely worth trying! We appreciate your compliments very much and hope you will be back very soon!

Thanks again and best regards.
“Great ambience!”
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful view of ocean- the food quality varies - but it is plentiful. The salads served with entrees are quite large and delicious. Really enjoyed a beef appetizer special. The mojitos - a specialty of the house - are wonderful.

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for dining with us! I am so happy that you enjoyed the beautiful views, as well as your appetizer and the mojitos! I wanted to let you know that anytime something is not prepared to your liking, we are glad to have that item either recooked or replaced for you. The well-being of our customers is the most important thing and we want to do whatever we can to make that happen. Thanks again and we hope you will be back soon!

Somerset, New Jersey
“Beach Vacation 2014”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

The food and service were great. We enjoyed the view of the beach from our table. Our boys got a kick out of the giant chess set in the lobby.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank BeckyLiving4Him
I am so glad y'all enjoyed everything! Thank you for dining with us! We hope you will come back soon!