“Delicious”

Sea Captain's House
Ranked #36 of 869 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Staten Island, New York
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

The entrees were delicious, the staff was friendly and attentive. A beautiful ocean view in a comfortable dining room. Pricing is good and comparable to others. My teenage children took doggy bags which they never do at other places.

• Visited August 2014
Anna B, Manager at Sea Captain's House, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your experience! Thank you very much for dining at the Sea Captain's House! Come back soon!

Spencer, West Virginia
“My Pick!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

This restaurant is my pick for a place to eat. My favorite is the crab cakes and the chopped salad. Generous portions and the prices are comparable to other restaurants. I personally think the quality of food is the best.

Visited August 2014
Thank you so much for dining with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your meal and that we are your pick of restaurants! We hope you will be back soon!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Wont go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

We went late and found the service very bad , and food not much better. Nice atmosphere but that is all it had. We went about 30 min before closing but I don't think that should matter.

Visited August 2014
I want to sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at the Sea Captain's House. Customer service and satisfaction are of the utmost important to us and I am so sorry that was not evident during your time at SCH. That is not the type of service we condone nor pride ourselves upon. We want all of our guests to feel special and taken care of. I do hope that you will give us another chance in the future. You will be always be welcome!

“Amazing meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

Amazing food. We went early to avoid the long waits that we know occur after 6 pm. We were seating right away at 545. The seating was tight. We had a party of five with a high chair and they put us at a small table with a chair on the end. There are bigger tables available with much better views. The hush puppies are amazing. All of our food was prepared perfectly. From steak to tuna to the seafood combination. It was all great! I've eaten here since I was in my teens vacationing with my family and I have returned with my own family and the food was just as good now as it was then. Go here if you get the chance!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Ashley2886
Thank you for dining at the Sea Captain's House! I am so glad you enjoyed your meal! Also, please know that anytime you do not like where you are sitting, just let us know, and we are happy to move you to a different table. Guest satisfaction is very important to us here at SCH and we want to do everything in our power to ensure that occurs. Thanks again!

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Worth the Wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

The food is outstanding......The wait without a reservation is very long. Make a reservations days in advance to ensure a seating. We waited two hours and were not disappointed. Attentive staff made the dinner very enjoyable.

Visited August 2014
Thank you so much for your compliments! I am very glad you enjoyed everything! Just to let you know, we do not offer reservations at the Sea Captain's House. Parties are seated on a first come, first serve basis. However, we do have the beautiful bar where guests can order a cocktail or appetizer while they are waiting and sit and watch the ocean! This makes the wait much better! If you have any questions or concerns. Please feel free to contact the restaurant and speak with a manager. Thanks again for dining with us! We hope you will come back soon!