“Delicious!”

Sea Captain's House
Ranked #44 of 894 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Rome, Georgia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Very historic, old place. Food was well presented and delicious! Dinners were a little pricey-however the quality and taste were superb. Definitely don't miss the "she crab" soup-it is a must try! The atomosphere very quiet and and tasteful.

Visited April 2014

Plano, Texas
“Great breakfast and dinner”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had dinner and breakfast here. They pushed the breakfast buffet, but skip that and have an omelet! Dinner was good, too. Service was slow both times.

Highland Mills, New York
“Excellent Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Went to Sea Captain's House for dinner and the breakfast buffet. The dinner was excellent....had chairs outside so when waiting you were on the ocean, they also have a musician who was excellent playing nice music. The waitress was pleasant and very helpful explaining the menu. They serve both a sit down breakfast and a buffet breakfast. The buffet had great choices and the omelet station had great choices. Would definitely go there again on our next visit.

North Carolina
“Sunday Breakfast Buffet a nice treat”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I will tell you that I had one bad experience at Sea Captain's House last year on our trip to Myrtle Beach. However it was one bad experience amidst many good visits, so we returned this year and I am glad we did. The Sea Captain's House has a great view of the beach as you dine. On Sunday they have Shrimp and Grits on their buffet. I had never tried them but theirs was wonderful 9.95 got you the buffet with French toast, hotcakes, eggs, the aforementioned shrimp and grits, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, an omelette bar, various juices, cereals, and muffins. Everything tasted good and they kept the buffet well stocked. Great coffee. I am glad we returned.

1 Thank JanetNC
“Good food, good service, excellent view!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Myrtle Beach. The food is consistently good and there are a variety of options to chose from to satisfy all diners. We had a group of 10-I had called ahead to see if we needed reservations and we did not. It was Friday, around 1:00-they close for lunch at 2:30. My cousin and I each had a cup of she crap soup and we split a oyster/shrimp Po Boy sandwich. This is my first every Po Boy and it was really good! This restaurant does not slop a bunch of batter on their seafood and it is very tasty. The oysters were plump and juice. I cannot rave enough about the she crab soup-it is the best Myrtle Beach has to offer! I had a bite of fried flounder-it was excellent. I did not care for the pasta salad. We had sweet potato fries and we could not eat all of them-very large portion. I also had a bite of shrimp quiche-I did not like this but the diner who ordered it - loved it. We had a fantastic waitress. She made sure our drinks were fresh and that we had everything we needed. If you like hush puppies, these have a bit of onion in them and are very good-not greasy. I highly recommend this restaurant and try to always make sure I take my guests here.

• Visited May 2014