“Great Place”

Sea Captain's House
Ranked #42 of 898 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We liked this place so much we went back a second time while in Myrtle Beach. The food was great and the wait staff were great too. Enjoyed conversing with them during our meal. We had dinner one night after our arrival since it was within walking distance of the hotel. Liked it so much went back for lunch with more of our group after they arrived. Did not have a bad experience on anything we ordered. My husband had a huge piece of snapper from the fish of the day selection off the daily menu. The daily menu does change based on availablity. The fixed menu is available on a regular basis.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed in Myrtle Beach for a night and wanted some good seafood for dinner. We went to Sea Captains and had a great time! Loved the view of the ocean and the nice decor on the inside. I felt like having pasta, so I got the shrimp pasta which was pretty good, although I should have had something other than shrimp. My husband had the sea scallops with were yummy too. I would have to say that the best part was the hush puppies, my mai tai and the chocolate bourbon pecan pie though.....delicious!!! Our service was great as well. Definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Ate there twice on our trip. That is against our vacation rules… We don't eat at same restaurants 2 times because we like trying new things… Sea Captains House is worthy of many visits. The food is great but the staff and atmosphere put it all over the top. Talking with the waitresses and servers was a treat. They all love their jobs and give kudos to the owners of the restaurant. Most staff have worked there for years and years…… The restaurant as a whole really has a great thing going on. Great food/service/and atmosphere … usually cannot find all 3 at one place….
Sea Captains House is amazing!

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We came for lunch on arriving in town on Tuesday but just had to come back for the breakfast buffet this morning. George was at the omelet station working his magic. Perfect omelet every time and served in such a friendly, welcoming fashion. He is a true gentleman. Bonnie Williams is a superb server - makes your meal a treat. Great food, reasonable prices, unbeatable view. This is on my permanent list of things not to miss.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

The best part of the dinner was the soup and dessert. Everything else was just okay--nothing special. Our waitress left a lot to be desired...either too busy or just really didn't want to wait on our table. After a 40 minute wait to be seated I was hoping for a memorable dinner--unfortunately that wasn't the case.