“I love having breakfast on vacation!”

Sea Captain's House
Ranked #73 of 930 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were staying right next door at the Caribbean and had heard good things about Sea Captain's so walked on over to give them a try. The restaurant was a home some 60 year ago and walking in the front door is like walking in to someone's comfy living room. We were seated quickly in the sunroom where we enjoyed a great view of the ocean.
A breakfast buffet was available and seemed to have everything one could want and most of the things on the menu appeared to be on the buffet. However, I am not a buffet person and rarely eat enough off of a buffet to make it worth the price, so we ordered from the menu. My pecan waffle and sausage were very good and my husband loved the corned beef which was obviously not canned. Service was quick and attentive, but not intrusive.
It was a nice, leisurely breakfast in what can be a busy, frenetic town.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,490)

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We waited an hour for dinner, but had been advised it would be that long. We sat at the bar and watched an amazing young woman bartender. After we were finally seated, it was 15-20 minutes before a waitress came to our table. She obviously had too many tables to attend to and was very visibly harried. Food was great, but unless you have 2-4 hours to kill, go somewhere else.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband, adult daughter and I stopped here before a show. It was busy but we were seated quickly. Our server was excellent and very helpful! The food was delicious. It is a bit expensive for dinner but the food was excellent! And the service was tops! Excellent!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The food was great if not a little pricey (we ate at somewhere awhile later on in our stay whereas the taste was comparable at half the price). It was somewhat noisy for what I thought would be a romantic dinner for two. Steer away from the crab dip (also very overpriced) unless you like bland tasting crab with absolutely no seasoning. We also ordered a piece of hummingbird pie to go, thinking we would share it afterwards in our hotel room, but the piece was so small I let my wife eat it. For the price and the wait...we waited like 40 minutes to be seated even though there were plenty of extra seats to go around, I'd go elsewhere. If it wasn't for the fact that I enjoy seafood this restaurant would have been rated a star or two lower. My expectations were much higher.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Ok but nothing to write home about.
The quality of the food seems to have gone down in the last year. Are they trying to cut costs by buying lower grade food? I don't plan on returning.

1  Thank wb1440