“Great Ocean Views!”

Sea Captain's House
Ranked #38 of 886 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Ocean Views!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We take all our out of town guests here as they get to view the ocean and get a handle on what to expect in Myrtle Beach along the way... The food is good and the lunches are terrific The service is prompt and efficient. The hushpuppies are great! Sorry, but they don't accept reservations!

• Visited June 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Food and views are good”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The food was good and the view was also nice. she crab soup was as good as advertised but it had some shell in it, as did the crab in our other dish. crab cakes were decent but not spectacular. I expected better based on the reviews and price but it wasn't disappointing either.

Visited June 2013
Berkeley Lake, Ga
“Don't skip this place”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We loved our dinner here. I had a fried shrimp platter that was cooked perfectly. The boy had a burger because he doesn't eat seafood. He said it was very good, and he is picky about his burgers. The best thing was the hushpuppies they bring to the table in a basket. Oh my, I am addicted, and I come from the south and grew up eating hush puppies. These are the BEST I have eaten. I disagree with anyone who says this place is touristy, it has a history, which is neat, and there is no giant crab doorway or shark statue in the parking lot, no t-shirts for sale. A little bit price but you are also paying for the view and fresh quality food right on the beach. There can be a wait but go early and it will be short. Besides they give you a buzzer and you can wait out back overlooking the beach in a beautiful little spot, don't miss it!

• Visited June 2013
ohio
“Everyone else's meal was good”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My meal was very dry, but the waitress did take care of the bill. My companions had the grouper and said it was delicious.

Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Overrated”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I expected big things from this restaurant, had a great look to it. We had a long wait which wasn't too bad because we got to hang out outside. Once we were seated, we didn't really care for the atmosphere. The food was overpriced and was average, nothing special. It didn't seem particularly fresh. I'd dodge this place, too touristy to me.

• Visited September 2012