“Great food, and great views!”

Sea Captain's House
Ranked #78 of 936 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very nice restaurant! We loved sitting by the window with a wonderful view of the water. We stopped in right when they opened for dinner and we were seated right away. The staff was very polite and attentive to our table....quick with refills. They know how to cook fish! My husband had the special and raved about his meal. The hush puppies were amazing! Seriously the best hush puppies we have ever eaten! The fish platter was huge and everything was cooked perfectly. The portions were large, we really could have shared an entree.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,573)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We visited here, primarily because I've been coming here since I was little girl and always had fond memories of the place, as well as, the food. This past week was a disappointment for me. We arrived about 8pm on Thursday evening. There was a 20 minute wait. My husband was starving so we choose to order an appetizer at the bar area. We asked for hush puppies, as well, but they won't serve them in the bar area. We ordered the crab and avocado appetizer. It came out as chunks of avocado that appeared and tasted as if it was mixed with mayo. The chunks of crab were served on a bed of lettuce beside of the avocado. The crab was not bad, the avocado was too mushy, almost like guacamole without the tomatoes and spices. We were seated in about 20 minutes. I ordered the swordfish with mango and steamed veggies. My hubby ordered the combination platter, with shrimp, scallops and flounder. They also brought us hush puppies at this time, which were pretty tasty. The mango salsa on my swordfish tasted like mango puree or canned fruit and my veggies were swimming in oil. My husband's flounder was full of bones. He liked the scallops and shrimp though. I think next time we head to Myrtle Beach, we're going to look for a new place to dine. It seems like the food quality has gone down hill here. I suppose it's nice to visit nostalgia but it's not worth 80 bucks for mediocre food.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stopped in for lunch today and it was busy. But as usual they (staff) do try to seat you as quickly as possible.

The She Crab soup was worth the wait and my Cod sandwich nicely cooked and presented. My wifes salad was huge and almost to much for her to eat, my brother in law tried the Jumbalaya and he said it was delicious!

The basket of hush puppies are wonderful

Our waitress, Brittany, couldn't have been nicer, she kept our drinks topped up and ensured everything was to our satisfaction. No rush or hurry, just great service. Thank you Brittany.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place is awesome! I have yet to be disappointed as we return every year. The food is delicious, the view is magnificent, the service is wonderful and the physical location is pleasant and clean. Try it!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The food was amazing! We asked to have our swordfish cooked rare and the chef was happy to comply. Our waiter was great - he knew the menu and the food and gave excellent advice. The bartender was friendly and accommodating. We had an excellent meal and a wonderful experience.