“Good Food”

Sea Captain's House
Ranked #41 of 894 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Mebane, NC
“Good Food”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had dinner here during the weekend of the Bi-Lo Marathon and it was very good food! The service was the best we encountered during the entire weekend! Great location next to the ocean and it happened to be snowing during the evening of our meal, which does not occur often at Myrtle Beach! We will be repeat customers!

Visited February 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best Fresh Seafood in Myrtle Beach”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We ate at this restaurant this afternoon for lunch and were completely blown away with how great it was. We both ordered shrimp entrees and had great chocolate cake dessert. FANTASTIC. The hushpuppies are even extremely fresh and light. You will not be disappointed with the food, view or service. Great atmosphere and very scenic view. Highly recommended! Very reasonable pricing too.

2 Thank Jana S
Reading, Pennsylvania
“What an outstanding dining experience”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been visiting Myrtle Beach for 30 some years and always seek great food plus a view of the ocean. Early 1980's we dined Found The Sea Captains House and fell in love with its view,food,service and atmosphere. Every meal,breakfast,lunch or dinner has been outstanding. I never visit the area without attending several meals at the Sea Captains House.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Thomas_H4011
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Family Tradition”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Every year Mom & Aunt Dorothy come to town & the Sea Capains House is always on the agenda. Today we came to try the Shecrab soup. We read that Clarence the cook comes in at 5:00 every morning to make it up fresh. Clarence certainly lived up to his reputation. He made the best crab soup we have had. The soup was served with hot tasty hush puppies. The ice tea was southern delicious. The atmosphere of the old Sea Captains house is cozy with plenty of old Southern charm and an ocean view to die for. The staff were warmly welcoming. We'll probably do lunch there tommorow. I highly recommmend it.

2 Thank Duke E
Clemmons, North Carolina
“SO SO - -”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Met some friends for dinner last eve. Picked Sea Captains house because we had all been there before. Restaurant was not terribly crowded as this is the off season. All of us had had good experiences in the past though the food quality has been inconsistent. Prices here are at the upper end so my expectations are always high.

Tonight was no different. My scallops and veggies came and the veggies were actually cool to the touch. The scallops were at best luke warm. I sent the whole entre back after the first bite of each.

The fresh dish came back and the veggies were still luke warm - at best. Why is that so difficult? I actually thought I was being too critical and had two of my table mates take a bite! They said I was not being too critical. The broccoli wouldn't melt the butter! The scallps I just didn't like. They came back hot and looked great but I just didn't care for the way they were seasoned.

Since our past experiences have been good (been there five times and had one similar experience two years ago) and hope they will continue to be better now that I own property next door. We'll give them a chance again - but at these prices that will be it. There are a LOT of choices in Myrtle Beach to eat at those prices.