“Excellent Dining at the Beach”

Sea Captain's House
Ranked #42 of 908 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was my first dining experience at the Sea Captain's House. From the time you first enter, you know that this is special. The hostess greats you in such a warm manner, you would think you ate there every day. The wait-staff could not do enough to make your visit enjoyable. The food is delivered at a nice pace, served hot and very tastey. We had met friends who had been there before, and their recommendation was spot on. The prices were very reasonable. Since we just moved to Murrells Inlet, this restaurant will be on out "take guests to" list. The view of the sea also made this meal enjoyable. If you got to Myrtle Beach, make sure you stop here for a friendly meal!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,336)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The best restaurant on the Grand Strand is, by far, the Sea Captain's House Restaurant on Ocean Blvd @ 30th Avenue North. Whether you want a wonderful breakfast, delicious lunch, or scrumptious dinner, you will NOT be disappointed. As a child, I remember my parents driving an hour and half to eat seafood here. We often dined at the location in Murrells Inlet in the 70s and 80s, though our favorite was dining overlooking the ocean. The Blue Room is my seating choice where the magnificent view is only matched by the superb menu choices. I do suggest dining during lunch as the wait isn't as long and the prices are quite affordable. The Sea Captain's House always offers a most excellent meal and you will leave quite satisfied. My compliments to the Brittain family for continuing such a classic and superior tradition!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The atmosphere and dining exeperience it top-quality. Ocean-view while enjoying delicious food is always the best way to dine in Myrtle Beach, in my humble opinion.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Sea Captain's House is the best dining in Myrtle Beach. Very pleased to find a full Gluten free menu. This is ocean front with decor fitting of a Sea Captian's house. Built in 1930 it has a history and a story to be told. They serve Breakfast, lunch and dinner. They serve the finest she-crab soup made from scratch by 80 year old Mr. Clarence. See the we site www.seacaptains.com.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've been going to Myrtle Beach for over twenty years, but it was not until this year that I first visited the Sea Captain's House. Waiting this long was a big mistake. I had mistakenly assumed it was one of those overpriced tourist traps. Boy was I wrong.
Prices are very reasonable, but more importantly, the quality of the foods and the portions are great. I ordered the smaller portion and still had more than enough.
Then, the coup de grace, the key lime pie. It was the best I've eaten, and I've eaten key lim pie all over the world.
You can bet I'll be eating there on each of my trips in the future, and that's two to three times a year.