“Sunday Brunch”

Sea Captain's House
Ranked #43 of 897 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It's not the biggest brunch buffet, but it certainly is a great one. Fresh choices, and a near perfect view on the beach. And I love the coffee at Sea Captains House.

1  Thank Scott1059
There are newer reviews for Sea Captain's House

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Sea Captains House. Right next door, Been there several times. Simply the best atmosphere and meals.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Myrtle Beach! It is located right on the ocean so you get a great view if you visit in daylight. I always order clam chowder with its taste of thyme, so delicious! They use old Southern recipes which you cannot find except in family-owned restaurants. Be sure to get a piece of Hummingbird cake! I'm glad they now have "small plates" on the menu, so one is able to order just the right amount of the wonderful seafood. When we visit Myrtle Beach, we always visit the Sea Captain's house

Reviewed November 3, 2012

After being greeted nicely and seated promptly, it took a while to be recognized by our waitress. The restaurant was busy fo breakfast and they were pushing the buffet. That should have been a clue.
Ordered unsweet tea got sweet tea. Not a biggie.
Opened the silverware wrapped in a napkin and a cockroach jumpted out into my lap and I swatted it to the floor and killed it.
Not wanting to alarm my company from out of town which I recommended to the establishment, I didn't say anything. Had I not done that I would have immediately left.
Service was unbearabley slow, waited for the food, and longer for the check, and had enough time to get to the car to find the correct change to pay the bill rather than wait to use a charge card. Seems to have gone down hill recently. Needs some better management.
Last time I was there the lunch was slow, table was dirty and waited also for the check. Very disappointed, as for the first three years we have been here it was always top notch.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a restaurant in an old boarding house that has been made into a popular restaurant. Each day at lunch there is a special menu that varies from day to day that is printed in our local paper. I live here,but have no business connection to this restaurant. The view of the Atlantic Ocean is beautiful Two of my favorites are the shrimp salad or the quiche of the day. This is always my Daughter's choice when she visits here for lunch. They also have dinner.